It’s that time of year again

Up feeding today and the birds are looking very well, I walked three of the drives that we will be shooting this coming Saturday and it was pleasing to see the amount of birds I did out on the rides, it’s a massive difference to the wash out that was the first day, one thing  that was disappointing was I had a ride over to a drive at the far side of the shoot known as the valley drive expecting to see a lot of next doors birds and seen very little, this could of been the time of day and they could of been out pheasanting about in the fields, with a bit of luck we will have some more cold weather over the next week and not so much rain, one thing I did notice when riding around on the bike was how nice the place is looking in it’s full autumn colours ?

482CBBC3-64D3-47D7-8718-1981773109F3.png

8A451F44-1C5E-4CD7-AD80-403194910638.png

• Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

2nd day on the shoot tomorrow and the weather is looking good, the rain has just about stopped and we are forecast a clear cold day with a slight chance of a wintery shower on the afternoon, I’ll take that over the first day, so with mid morning refreshments sorted in the form of corned beef and potato pie, leek and potato soup and a drop of sloe gin it’s time to put my feet up ?

37622523-6A47-4B6D-B03E-1358E80725BB.jpeg

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, si brown said:

hope it holds out for you stav... its been bloody awful on the other side of the moor!

Wednesday afternoon we called work a draw as its been so crap for the last month or so.. felt like it was gonna start snowing this aft:( 

Fingers crossed, I was working in Stokesley this morning in sideways rain that turned into sideways hailstones, I gave up by 12 and came home to make pies ??

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Enjoy mr ,3 flooded roads crossed last night ,A52 Closed ,Derby city centre flooded the list is endless .We got more water than J Corbyn,s got lies .Hope you all have a belter atb

Stay safe mate, you have had it ruff down there, I’ve got a mate coming from Lincolnshire today and he said it was a wash out down there

• Like 1

Second day on the shoot, wow what a day, we couldn’t of asked for a better day ( well maybe snow ) sunshine and cold, the difference in the quality of the birds from two weeks ago was unbelievable, still only the second day so selective shooting was expected, we had two full teams of guns today and the beaters worked so well, we had the delights of longshanx beating all day for Hugo’s dad so he could stand all day ( cheers mate ) and my guest today was robin foxer off YouTube, it was definitely worth his three hour trip to come up to our little shoot with some lovely high birds and some testing shots, we did five of the main drivers topping the day up with a few small areas to finish the day off, the bag was 46 for the day with I think only a couple not picked, all birds taken by the beaters and guns so hopefully there will be some fine food coming out of some kitchens over the next week, so all rapped up just before 4 and down to the pub for a warm, a drink and a few nibbles, fantastic day ?

D9AF539E-F0E1-4746-8050-9F6768D12E19.jpeg

E805A42D-57EC-450B-A78F-05E38C8D6C5A.jpeg

85F82067-0063-4C7E-B5B8-9D7E2EA2D4E9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Second day on the shoot, wow what a day, we couldn’t of asked for a better day ( well maybe snow ) sunshine and cold, the difference in the quality of the birds from two weeks ago was unbelievable, still only the second day so selective shooting was expected, we had two full teams of guns today and the beaters worked so well, we had the delights of longshanx beating all day for Hugo’s dad so he could stand all day ( cheers mate ) and my guest today was robin foxer off YouTube, it was definitely worth his three hour trip to come up to our little shoot with some lovely high birds and some testing shots, we did five of the main drivers topping the day up with a few small areas to finish the day off, the bag was 46 for the day with I think only a couple not picked, all birds taken by the beaters and guns so hopefully there will be some fine food coming out of some kitchens over the next week, so all rapped up just before 4 and down to the pub for a warm, a drink and a few nibbles, fantastic day ?

D9AF539E-F0E1-4746-8050-9F6768D12E19.jpeg

E805A42D-57EC-450B-A78F-05E38C8D6C5A.jpeg

85F82067-0063-4C7E-B5B8-9D7E2EA2D4E9.jpeg

Can he shoot driven birds as well as he shoots Charlie?? 

Really glad you had a good day after your washout last time. And check out the shirt & tie; who says you can't polish a turd??? 

• Haha 3