It’s that time of year again

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

It was like a catchup day for all ,didnt get going till 10,30 ish by choice .Out of 60,ish birds put up in the 4 hours we were out the 5 guns bagged 17 which was fine by everyone .Its an informal day and much ,craic and banter with a great "lunch" provided by us all.Pheasant sausage rolls and meatballs ,homemade jams ,chillies,cheese board and some nice soft breads.

We all had a good laugh and giggle and renewed old friendships .The bag didnt matter ,its normally only around 30 birds anyhow ,and we all went home smilling :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

It was like a catchup day for all ,didnt get going till 10,30 ish by choice .Out of 60,ish birds put up in the 4 hours we were out the 5 guns bagged 17 which was fine by everyone .Its an informal day and much ,craic and banter with a great "lunch" provided by us all.Pheasant sausage rolls and meatballs ,homemade jams ,chillies,cheese board and some nice soft breads.

We all had a good laugh and giggle and renewed old friendships .The bag didnt matter ,its normally only around 30 birds anyhow ,and we all went home smilling :thumbs:

The little shoots is where it's at ?

• Like 2

First day tomorrow on our little shoot, we have a good show of birds, as to be expected this early in the season and we have tempted a fair few from the surrounding shoots, so even with all this rain it won’t be putting a dampener on my day, I’ve even popped down to see my mate for a haircut and the missus had ironed my shirt, I only make an effort on the first day just in case someone is waving a camera around ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Hahaha, I want that ?

we have had one drive and I’m soaking, the birds do not want to get up, so we are off to the thick cover to try and push them out the oak wood

53216090-35AE-4A3F-88F0-405D9C64D4A0.jpeg

Well the day was pretty much a wash out, after the first drive we headed for the thick cover of the oak wood and although there was a much better show of birds they were still very wet and not wanting to lift to give any sort of sporting shots, this  seemed to be the way the rest of the day played out, so only been able to pick the odd shot from each drive the bag was a very low 11 pheasant and 3 pigeons, I had a stand on all except one of the drives and only had 4 shots, fingers crossed that by the next time we are out they have dried out because although they didn’t want to fly there was a lot about?

77CEC537-A388-4301-9204-912B0A12E8BF.jpeg

C6489E15-AF74-4C59-9C79-1CFCD41BED4A.jpeg

61A7D9CB-2A6F-4131-BCBC-F61E9285F50F.png

• Like 3