Arm Wrestling (info )

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the referees do their job the kings move is as legitimate as anything else......newcomers to arm wrestling always view it as just stretching your arm out to put the brakes on,the big mistake new la

There you go you are answering your own questions about the kings move.....you had deep bone pain just from mere side pressure,think of the pain you would be in after the complete hyperextension it ta

Yeah that's the Ukrainian Oleg Zhokh, he wasn't actually born like that as far as I know. I think his arm is that size because of his strength training regime. 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I know nothing about him mate the strongman stuff isnt really my thing,its a very different kind of strength to what interests me.

This is how easy a top arm wrestler can deal with some of the worlds strongest men like Bjornsson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

yeh  , gnash , he beat him easy, Larrat   powerful bloke with great Technic , they must get few injures  bicep, shoulder , in this sport . 

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

So you have never seen Michael Todd win with a kings move ?......did you not see what happened when Dave Chaffee and Devon Larratt both went for the kings move last month ?

John Brzenk is my hero but the sport is evolving he came from a time when an average round lasted less than 10 seconds.....the endurance guys like Todd,Larratt love it.

Todd and Jerry Cadorette had a round that lasted 7 minutes in Wal last year......which i think is great as it brings the whole mental battle of competition into play.

Yes what I'm saying is you don't win the match with the king's move, it's a pure defensive move that exhausts your opponent enough that once tired you get an easy pin. I just think it spoils the spectacle and think it will be outlawed at some point. 

5 hours ago, jiggy said:

it's a bit like boxing. Is it legal or not. It looks illegal. Furey can kick josh in the nuts next time.

I agree, hiding under the table looks pathetic. If you are hidden under the table and your arm gets stretched out that should class as a pin imo. 

If the referees do their job the kings move is as legitimate as anything else......newcomers to arm wrestling always view it as just stretching your arm out to put the brakes on,the big mistake new lads make is focusing too much on the pin line.....its like anything else in sport you have to defend your weaknesses before you can attack with your strengths i always equate it to a fight.....the kings move is the Rumble in the Jungle,the rope a dope.....Ali used Foremans superior power against him.

Years ago the KIngs move was a foul,as was looking away from a hyperextended arm....it was a foul due to the dangers of it......it was named the Kings move as it is seen as a pro,s right to have his arm broken,and anybody willing to do that to win a match should be regarded as " king " of the table.....the move is basically an wide outside top roll using extreme pronation,getting out into the hand enough to transition to the side pressure needed to pin.....but that side pressure is simply the end product of the top roll set up...top roll having a hand based route compared to a hook having a bicep route.....arm wrestling is all about intricate angles and to think you can just stretch your arm out and stop someone from winning is just laughable.

If the sport interests you enough to try it Jobi and you ever find yourself down this way give me a shout and get the experience of pulling on a proper competition table within a proper arm wrestling environment.....im sure it will open your eyes to just how involved things get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

If the referees do their job the kings move is as legitimate as anything else......newcomers to arm wrestling always view it as just stretching your arm out to put the brakes on,the big mistake new lads make is focusing too much on the pin line.....its like anything else in sport you have to defend your weaknesses before you can attack with your strengths i always equate it to a fight.....the kings move is the Rumble in the Jungle,the rope a dope.....Ali used Foremans superior power against him.

Years ago the KIngs move was a foul,as was looking away from a hyperextended arm....it was a foul due to the dangers of it......it was named the Kings move as it is seen as a pro,s right to have his arm broken,and anybody willing to do that to win a match should be regarded as " king " of the table.....the move is basically an wide outside top roll using extreme pronation,getting out into the hand enough to transition to the side pressure needed to pin.....but that side pressure is simply the end product of the top roll set up...top roll having a hand based route compared to a hook having a bicep route.....arm wrestling is all about intricate angles and to think you can just stretch your arm out and stop someone from winning is just laughable.

If the sport interests you enough to try it Jobi and you ever find yourself down this way give me a shout and get the experience of pulling on a proper competition table within a proper arm wrestling environment.....im sure it will open your eyes to just how involved things get.

Whenever I've arm wrestled my arms been f****d for days afterwards, a pain deep in my bones of my upper arm. Obviously this was before I started watching a bit and was just side pressure from my part. 

On 08/08/2019 at 23:46, Welsh_red said:

For those that know the sport . What was R J Molinaire like in world or arm wrestling . I only ask as hes in a tv show "swamp people" i used to watch a fair bit and he was mentioned as a arm wrestler

Never heard of him mate...but its only the last 10 years odd that the major organisations have had rankings.....before that virtually anybody who won a tournament booked themself as a world champion even if it was just the Arnolds and no pro arm wrestlers were even in it.

On 08/08/2019 at 22:46, Jobi said:

Whenever I've arm wrestled my arms been f****d for days afterwards, a pain deep in my bones of my upper arm. Obviously this was before I started watching a bit and was just side pressure from my part. 

There you go you are answering your own questions about the kings move.....you had deep bone pain just from mere side pressure,think of the pain you would be in after the complete hyperextension it takes to pull off a kings move,and dont forget the kings move doesnt have any shoulder commitment compared to side pressure where you are stepping in and throwing your frame at an opponent.

Then another dimension of pain is the constant little kick back and rise,up and around your own shoulder type movement it takes to beat a kings move....like i said,arm wrestling takes years and years to build the right strength in the right areas.

• Like 1

What I do enjoy about arm wrestling is form appears to play a bigger part than in most sports, you have guys beating a certain someone quite easily and at other points losing to that same person quite easily. I've noticed that to be the case personally as well when I've done it pissed up with mates. It's true class is permanent but your form does look to change massively in arm wrestling. ?

Edited by Jobi
10 hours ago, Jobi said:

What I do enjoy about arm wrestling is form appears to play a bigger part than in most sports, you have guys beating a certain someone quite easily and at other points losing to that same person quite easily. I've noticed that to be the case personally as well when I've done it pissed up with mates. It's true class is permanent but your form does look to change massively in arm wrestling. ?

A lot will depend on what shape someones in nobody can be in top shape all the time...and of course styles arm wrestling can be a little bit like the old rock,paper,scissors game if you know your opponents strengths you stay away from them.....but sometimes it can be a bluff and you actually go into their power as they expected you to stay away from it the mind games are massive.

As regards pulling against your mates across the table in the pub ( particularly when pissed ? ) comparing it to competitive arm wrestling is a bit like having a pub fight and comparing it to competitive boxing....you,ll never really know what you have until you get into the right environment.

Edited by gnasher16

Certainly an interesting sport,a lad sent me a clip of a competition somewhere and one of the competitors looked like a Lobster,he had one huge arm and the other arm was tiny . Looked it up online for a bit and some of these competitors are huge with massive hands. 

1 minute ago, MickC said:

Certainly an interesting sport,a lad sent me a clip of a competition somewhere and one of the competitors looked like a Lobster,he had one huge arm and the other arm was tiny . Looked it up online for a bit and some of these competitors are huge with massive hands. 

Yeah that's the Ukrainian Oleg Zhokh, he wasn't actually born like that as far as I know. I think his arm is that size because of his strength training regime. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jobi said:

Defo some big men competing in arm wrestling , just look like they where born to arm wrestle the way they have built themselves up and others that are naturally gifted like Jeff Dabe and his 19" forearms and Worlds biggest hands, Denis Cyplenkov is another with monster hands. https://liftn.com/bodybuilders-hands-are-so-massive-that-they-look-photoshopped/