5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Had a bird once on that Atkins diet, she just ate meat and protien, no carbs. She lost loads but had to test her pee regular for keytones.

yeh keto diet....some folk swear by it.....but as jobi said its as simple as just being in a caloric deficit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fcuk me !!!!   I was only asking if it was safe to have a Spoon of Sugar in me two cups of Tea each morning and its turned into University Fcuking  Challenge       

Has Ray hacked your account ?

So if Micky is 70 plus he has to bench 100 kilos and deadlift 200 kilos. Pulling your nutsack out of your sock is an achievement at that age champ. Lower the goalposts a bit. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

yeh keto diet....some folk swear by it.....but as jobi said its as simple as just being in a caloric deficit

Aye trouble was once she stopped she put even more weight on, hence why she ended up an ex?

8 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

No where near in shape but not fat.

Prob 2-3 months of hard training and nothing but good food away from being in ok shape.

Its niggles and little injurys that hold you back as your getting near 50 imo .

Effing 50  , yer still a snotty little kid 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

No where near in shape but not fat.

Prob 2-3 months of hard training and nothing but good food away from being in ok shape.

Its niggles and little injurys that hold you back as your getting near 50 imo .

I never had any a few year back....now my left rotator is fecked...my left knee...my right elbow with tennis elbow....and my left tricep not firing right ...I think that might be due to the shoulder.....mind I aint stoped training 4 days a week....

for the first time in 20 years I have been squatting in knee wraps....just cos of the left knee

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Readjust ye time frame/goals mate as surely ye will do damage proper training with so little fuel? 

these last two weeks I have been intermittent fasting ...start eating 3pm till 9 pm....that's working well...training  around mid morning till lunch.....its been going ok ...

• Like 1

All these fad diets are not all that, you know why most folk lose weight with something like the Atkins? It's  because carbs make up the vast majority of the average persons diet, cut them out and you are restricting your calorie total a hell of a lot. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I never had any a few year back....now my left rotator is fecked...my left knee...my right elbow with tennis elbow....and my left tricep not firing right ...I think that might be due to the shoulder.....mind I aint stoped training 4 days a week....

for the first time in 20 years I have been squatting in knee wraps....just cos of the left knee

Has Ray hacked your account ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Yes but it's not all about loosing weight' it's loosing it safe and staying healthy and fit ' not just being thin or thinner .

Yeah but macros are macros, meat from a beef burger is still protein. But yes I agree it's good to get all your micronutrients from healthy foods, plenty of fruit, veg and fibre. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Ain’t ye gettin the wobbles or nowt training like 15 hours after ye last feed mate or ye on any drinks or that before or when training! An what about off days?

never have I used carb drinks befor training .....I don't like those things ..tried the original ultimate orange years ago....like having speed....no I train fasted at the mo....

funily enough theres a lot of evidence supporting intermitant fasting with getting higher test levels......that said like most diets theres good and bad points

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

But most a that don’t give ye any calories so can still eat lots a that an drop it or add calories anyways?

I wouldn't even count calories from veg if I was on a strict diet. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

never have I used carb drinks befor training .....I don't like those things ..tried the original ultimate orange years ago....like having speed....no I train fasted at the mo....

funily enough theres a lot of evidence supporting intermitant fasting with getting higher test levels......that said like most diets theres good and bad points

At the end of the day it's all trial and error, each person is different. Some folk can't perform with little carbs, others can fine. The key to losing weight healthy and intelligently is consistency. It's no good counting your calories Mon-Fri and at the weekend eating kebabs, chinese and the chippy. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv read a few bits an bats about the fasting mate but never tried it other then once a few Weeks ago I went straigjt to gym after waking up a bit late, never had no brekkie like usual an hour before, was just about to finish dead lifting an felt all queasy ?? had to sit down on a bike for 5 an get me self together, not sure if it was tiredness or no food but it wasn’t nice ?

The hard part about fasting for me would be break times at work, seeing everyone eating their grub or going off to the shop would be too tempting. 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Hard part for me is food is so Fcuking good ?

Well yeah and there's that, can't say it's good food but today at work for me was two double cheeseburgers, cheesy bites and a strawberry milkshake. 

• Like 1