I have been the same weight since I was 20   13 stone  6  pounds , I eat  what is termed THE WAR TIME DIET and never eat  Fast Foods , recently after a major change in Medication I have put on over two stone  , I was told this is not unexpected and it will level out and watch what I eat and drink , well after 3weeks of various Diet Soup, Flat Peaches and other Fruit I have put on 8lb so now I am fed up with soup and want an effing pint …….. is there anything nice out there  that is low in Purines .

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fcuk me !!!!   I was only asking if it was safe to have a Spoon of Sugar in me two cups of Tea each morning and its turned into University Fcuking  Challenge       

Has Ray hacked your account ?

So if Micky is 70 plus he has to bench 100 kilos and deadlift 200 kilos. Pulling your nutsack out of your sock is an achievement at that age champ. Lower the goalposts a bit. 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, micky said:

I have been the same weight since I was 20   13 stone  6  pounds , I eat  what is termed THE WAR TIME DIET and never eat  Fast Foods , recently after a major change in Medication I have put on over two stone  , I was told this is not unexpected and it will level out and watch what I eat and drink , well after 3weeks of various Diet Soup, Flat Peaches and other Fruit I have put on 8lb so now I am fed up with soup and want an effing pint …….. is there anything nice out there  that is low in Purines .

I’m the same mate, packed up the fags after 35 years about 10 months ago and put on a stone and a half (which is a lot when I was 16 stone anyway )

I still play football so I wanted to shift a bit and set a goal of 14 stone.

Went to see the nutritionist and he has suggested I cut to 1600 calories a day and put in a lot more time in the gym but concentrate on the big muscles (legs etc)

Off my own back I have cut out the carbs as much as possible too.

The diet isn’t so bad because it’s only what I was eating anyway, fresh food, fish etc.

One interesting thing he said which I didn’t personally know is that it takes more calories to burn protein than it does carbs.....so your body actually burns more calories digesting chicken than it does rice .

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’m the same mate, packed up the fags after 35 years about 10 months ago and put on a stone and a half (which is a lot when I was 16 stone anyway )

I still play football so I wanted to shift a bit and set a goal of 14 stone.

Went to see the nutritionist and he has suggested I cut to 1600 calories a day and put in a lot more time in the gym but concentrate on the big muscles (legs etc)

Off my own back I have cut out the carbs as much as possible too.

The diet isn’t so bad because it’s only what I was eating anyway, fresh food, fish etc.

One interesting thing he said which I didn’t personally know is that it takes more calories to burn protein than it does carbs.....so your body actually burns more calories digesting chicken than it does rice .

think hes genrelising there wilf.......the usual thing they say is muscles burn more calories than fat even whilst resting......also celery ...is a negitve calorie food....in that it takes more calories to digest it than the calories you get from it....

14 stone seems light for you wilf....I seem to rember a pic of you being well over 6 foot....???

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

?5A044617-3615-41D2-9A27-974A67FDC95F.gif.68645b56f91d0230803aa26dcbb27f7a.gif

put the one up where he shouts.....this week I are mostly been eating Prozac .......

see what I mean though about the resemberlance to micky....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Currently sat at 20st bang on buck naked.

Down from 22 stone' 

A half fit 19 and half suits me nowdays.

I'm 18...down from 20 two summers ago....would like to get to 16 ultimately ....but its fecking hard..im eating like mouse training like rich froning ..it killing me

Just now, maxhardcore said:

It's easy enough to bin the weight re just cutting out the shite as you know Tomo.

Sweet stuff ' biscuits ' cakes ' pastry ' chips ' crisps ' Coca Cola ect ' bread .

You know ' all the things most folk like best ?

You will still lose weight eating biscuits, cakes, pasties, crisps etc if you're in a calorific deficit. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jobi said:

You will still lose weight eating biscuits, cakes, pasties, crisps etc if you're in a calorific deficit. 

Had a bird once on that Atkins diet, she just ate meat and protien, no carbs. She lost loads but had to test her pee regular for keytones.

• Like 1
Just now, Gav said:

Had a bird once on that Atkins diet, she just ate meat and protien, no carbs. She lost loads but had to test her pee regular for keytones.

You don't have to cut out carbs or a anything like that, just eat less than your maintenance and you will lose weight. 

2 minutes ago, Jobi said:

You don't have to cut out carbs or a anything like that, just eat less than your maintenance and you will lose weight. 

Yeah thats perfectly logical. I'm just one of those that doesn't really put it on or lose it whatever I do, set in my ways and the only indulgence I do is a big dirty mixed naan kebab maybe once a month, the rest of the time I'm a meat and two veg guy.

Edited by Gav
Drams catching me up again!
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It's easy enough to bin the weight re just cutting out the shite as you know Tomo.

Sweet stuff ' biscuits ' cakes ' pastry ' chips ' crisps ' Coca Cola ect ' bread .

You know ' all the things most folk like best ?

mate all that was binned long time ago.....if you sore what I'm eating you wouldn't belive its not dropping of easy......not forgetting the cardio I'm doing as well....it is coming off just fecking hard work....

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

mate all that was binned long time ago.....if you sore what I'm eating you wouldn't belive its not dropping of easy......not forgetting the cardio I'm doing as well....it is coming off just fecking hard work....

Readjust and drop it another 500 calories.