Scottish deerhound.

As description, wanting to get another, been offered wolfhounds but would prefer a scot deer as I know the breed, only found one breeder in the highlands north of Inverness, but not very sure (ya know the feeling)!

Info appreciated anyone?

Oh needs to be pup for training and other livestock ?

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

My last deerhound came from a breeder near Edinburgh bloke called Watty. If you contact deehound club theyll know him. Hope you find a goodun ? atb

Cheers pal, seen a few but its got to be right, if you know what I mean? I'm not after a cute pup (the wife says different)? I got past sentimental forty years ago an a few mongrels later ? love em all the same though ?

How did it turn out? Great lump of food devouring attention seeking fittness fanatic at a guess ?

Edited by Gav

I got my first from a breeder in Evesham turned out to be very good bitch ( compared to other deerhounds) when coursing was legal. I’ll see if i can get hold of Watties no for you. If hes still breeding. He always had good working dogs. Atb

• Thanks 1

Id love another one tbh but git 3 lurchers at present 1 retired old age 1 retired through injuries & lost toes (dh gh x gh whpt) & her daughter 5 years old similar breeding with tad of collie & beddy in her. So wont be getting nxt dog for long while yet & im not getting any younger!! Atb

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Id love another one tbh but git 3 lurchers at present 1 retired old age 1 retired through injuries & lost toes (dh gh x gh whpt) & her daughter 5 years old similar breeding with tad of collie & beddy in her. So wont be getting nxt dog for long while yet & im not getting any younger!! Atb

Ah cheers pal, I know the score, wife has a lurcher whippet lined up if I don't get a Deer first, got  collie mix whip thats a bit lost, he's deaf an she was his ears. They were pups together but the big uns don't live as long ?

Edited by Gav
more drams and no glasses
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Gav said:

As description, wanting to get another, been offered wolfhounds but would prefer a scot deer as I know the breed, only found one breeder in the highlands north of Inverness, but not very sure (ya know the feeling)!

Info appreciated anyone?

Oh needs to be pup for training and other livestock ?

One to work or pet only?.

9 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

My last deerhound came from a breeder near Edinburgh bloke called Watty. If you contact deehound club theyll know him. Hope you find a goodun ? atb

How did the deerhound u got of watty go mate ? I live about a mile away from him he’s staying just outside Perth 

28 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

How did the deerhound u got of watty go mate ? I live about a mile away from him he’s staying just outside Perth 

Perths a bloody long way south off me.

Edited by Gav