netficks documentry ..strongland

7 hours ago, TOMO said:

yeh they do...eddie always giving brian shit for being late....

you seen oberst doing the podcast with.......cant remember his name...the ufc fella that does the comentery ....intresting podcast that is....mind its blood long

Not seen that before , just watched it now . Sounds like he’s had an interesting life , I’m sure he said 10 of them in a 3 bed house and no electricity unless his dad brought a small generator home at the weekend 

On 06/08/2019 at 18:10, TOMO said:

great docu on netficks about stonelifting ....its in 3 parts...starts in northern spain in the basque region...they lift all kinds of odd shaped rocks and even do one handed stuff....

the second part is Scotland  ...and all the different stones they lift in the highland games ect....but the two real heavy stones are are the dinnie stones...amazing to see the how strong some fellas are that's lifted them...and not the biggest guys either....

then the 3rd part is Iceland...

great little documentary fellas...

The Basque have their own version of the Highland games ;)

Very Celtic culture.

The best about them strongman games is they shout their opponent on and try give them inspiration on competitive lifts that could defeat them. You don't see that in other sports. Willing your opponent on. They just seem like a big strong group of guys that hang out together and know each other's strengths and weakness. Pudzianowski seems to be outside the group though. 

7 hours ago, jiggy said:

The best about them strongman games is they shout their opponent on and try give them inspiration on competitive lifts that could defeat them. You don't see that in other sports. Willing your opponent on. They just seem like a big strong group of guys that hang out together and know each other's strengths and weakness. Pudzianowski seems to be outside the group though. 

I’ve heard some of them talking about pudzianowski and why as a 5 time winner he doesn’t get talked about the same as shaw and big z etc and it seems it’s mainly down to some of the strongest guys around at the time not bothering with wsm because they saw it as not really a competition to find the strongest and more like heavy crossfit . There’s been a few rumblings again about this years wsm leaning more towards fitness than strength and the same with the Arnold’s . 

• Like 1
On 06/08/2019 at 21:36, TOMO said:

I follow brian and eddie on youtube ....I know the 4 of them have done a series for the history channel ...called strongest on earth or something like that ...and have been watching clips from it on youtube......but I hadntr seen the dinnie stone one...there funny them 4 when there together

Heard a few people now saying how good that was does anyone know were you can see the full episodes other than history channel.

3 hours ago, dodger said:

Heard a few people now saying how good that was does anyone know were you can see the full episodes other than history channel.

I've seen most of it on utube. I think it's edited a bit too. The one where they are eating at the diner. They have a load of plates of food in front of them then the next shots show them finishing desert. They were never going to eat what they ordered.

• Like 1
On 07/08/2019 at 20:53, mushroom said:

The Basque have their own version of the Highland games ;)

Very Celtic culture.

Nothing to do with celts ,Galicia you're thinking of.they're in Europe since before the ice age.The original inhabitants of Britain and Ireland would have been from similar stock..in the old Gaelic tales of the fianna there was 2  families of them,clann basca and clann morna-always wondered if there was a connection.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jiggy said:

I've seen most of it on utube. I think it's edited a bit too. The one where they are eating at the diner. They have a load of plates of food in front of them then the next shots show them finishing desert. They were never going to eat what they ordered.

Ah got ya lol, the bits iv seen look a good laugh tho I didn't realise they were such good mates friends yeh but seems like they get on real well plenty banter but seems nick gets the brunt of it gets plenty stick..

3 hours ago, dodger said:

Ah got ya lol, the bits iv seen look a good laugh tho I didn't realise they were such good mates friends yeh but seems like they get on real well plenty banter but seems nick gets the brunt of it gets plenty stick..

whatch brains youtube channel.....especialy the ones with eddie on....very funny

4 hours ago, tinytiger said:

Nothing to do with celts ,Galicia you're thinking of.they're in Europe since before the ice age.The original inhabitants of Britain and Ireland would have been from similar stock..in the old Gaelic tales of the fianna there was 2  families of them,clann basca and clann morna-always wondered if there was a connection.

Ok mate..... try telling them that ;)

Taken from a very basic search;

Basques are brothers of the Celts. ... The findings provide the first direct evidence of a close relationship between the people thought of asCelts and the Basques. The Basquesare thought to be the closest descendants of the Palaeolithic people who established the first settlements in Britain more than 10,000 years ago.Apr 3, 2001

34 minutes ago, TOMO said:

whatch brains youtube channel.....especialy the ones with eddie on....very funny

Thanks il check it out..

just seen the one were nick shrugs 2000 pounds think it was of barrels n also lifts the 400 pound sand bag in the pub fair play to him still doin that at 50 he had tears in his eyes he was that proud of himself..

Edited by dodger
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Basques are brothers of the Celts. ... The findings provide the first direct evidence of a close relationship between the people thought of asCelts and the Basques. The Basquesare thought to be the closest descendants of the Palaeolithic people who established the first settlements in Britain more than 10,000 years ago.Apr 3, 2001

explains why alot of  Welsh have the same skin/hair colour as the spanish/italians?

most of my family members look to have a drop of sand nigger in em?

3 hours ago, mushroom said:

I watched it there earlier ,the faces on the men on it wouldn't stand out down my local .they've been living in the same place for 20000 years ,long before the first celt existed.Their language isn't related to any other language on the planet.Irish ,English and Scottish people have a good dash of Basque in them (welsh don't for some reason (pure celts maybe).No Greek or Roman writer called the inhabitants of Britain or Ireland celts though, Celtic identity exaggerated by academics in the late 19th century to stir shitt (a bit like Hitler with the Aryan stuff)

• Like 2

Forget the language, I speak a very little bit of it and its fuucking ridiculously difficult.

As for the connection.... it's in the blood and guess what... the Welsh and Irish have the same ancient Y chromosome marker, as the Basque. This marker is over 10,000 years old and only gets passed on by the males.

Anyway this is getting way off topic ?