netficks documentry ..strongland

great docu on netficks about stonelifting ....its in 3 parts...starts in northern spain in the basque region...they lift all kinds of odd shaped rocks and even do one handed stuff....

the second part is Scotland  ...and all the different stones they lift in the highland games ect....but the two real heavy stones are are the dinnie stones...amazing to see the how strong some fellas are that's lifted them...and not the biggest guys either....

then the 3rd part is Iceland...

great little documentary fellas...

• Like 4

I remember one of those Basque rock litters fighting as a heavyweight awesome strength and power knocked a help of a lot of opponents out ,fought Henry Cooper  if I remember right ,think it was the first time he got best ,can't remember his name ...anyone ?

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

I remember one of those Basque rock litters fighting as a heavyweight awesome strength and power knocked a help of a lot of opponents out ,fought Henry Cooper  if I remember right ,think it was the first time he got best ,can't remember his name ...anyone ?

His name was Jose Manuel Urtain, a cumbersome boxer but as strong as an Ox. He got his head jabbed off by Henry Cooper and knocked out Richard Dunn. When Muhammad Ali visited Spain he was on the look out for a fighter to take part in an exhibition bout. Urtain was ringside and Ali called him in for some of his usual trash talk, Urtain didn't give Ali a chance as he grabbed him, lifted him over his head and began to military press him. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jobi said:

His name was Jose Manuel Urtain, a cumbersome boxer but as strong as an Ox. He got his head jabbed off by Henry Cooper and knocked out Richard Dunn. When Muhammad Ali visited Spain he was on the look out for a fighter to take part in an exhibition bout. Urtain was ringside and Ali called him in for some of his usual trash talk, Urtain didn't give Ali a chance as he grabbed him, lifted him over his head and began to military press him. 

f**k me thats some good knowledge i didnt know what Stan was on about i thought he,d lost his marbles for a minute ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

f**k me thats some good knowledge i didnt know what Stan was on about i thought he,d lost his marbles for a minute ?

No he was right, like I said Urtain couldn't box heads but he was super strong and did have a dig. I think he had over 30 straight knockouts against mediocre opponents. I think there was talks about him facing Frazier, Joe would have beat him up something rotten. 

2 hours ago, neil r said:

Brian shaw did the dinnie stones on a tv program recently

I follow brian and eddie on youtube ....I know the 4 of them have done a series for the history channel ...called strongest on earth or something like that ...and have been watching clips from it on youtube......but I hadntr seen the dinnie stone one...there funny them 4 when there together

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TOMO said:

I follow brian and eddie on youtube ....I know the 4 of them have done a series for the history channel ...called strongest on earth or something like that ...and have been watching clips from it on youtube......but I hadntr seen the dinnie stone one...there funny them 4 when there together

I follow them aswell , they look like they always have a laugh when they’re together . 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, neil r said:

I follow them aswell , they look like they always have a laugh when they’re together . 

yeh they do...eddie always giving brian shit for being late....

you seen oberst doing the podcast with.......cant remember his name...the ufc fella that does the comentery ....intresting podcast that is....mind its blood long

24 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh they do...eddie always giving brian shit for being late....

you seen oberst doing the podcast with.......cant remember his name...the ufc fella that does the comentery ....intresting podcast that is....mind its blood long

This?

• Like 2