beddy-Whippets

Hi Folks,

We used to have a fantastic mongrel dog, who was a great companion, liked nothing better than digging holes and getting muddy! After a lot of thought I have decided to look for a Bedlington - Whippet cross puppy,  but am wary of puppy farmers - I have no idea where to start.  Does anyone have any advice - I would like to avoid the pets4homes if i can.  The other option mentioned to me was a Schnauzer standard x whippet cross if anyone would like to comment.Many thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best to source a pup off genuine hole digging parents that have been at the getting muddy game for at least 5 seasons more ideally 

Yes and the heaviest bag to carry is a empty one 

I think she's gone for a jack Russell ?

Posted Images

depends what you want it for. if you only want a pet, companion type dog then there is nothing wrong with pet sites online. not all of them are puppy farmers. there is genuine pet breeders out there. price won't be cheap but if its what you want then does it matter? 

38 minutes ago, fred90 said:

depends what you want it for. if you only want a pet, companion type dog then there is nothing wrong with pet sites online. not all of them are puppy farmers. there is genuine pet breeders out there. price won't be cheap but if its what you want then does it matter? 

:doh: you've gone and done it now fred. You'll have all the hunting life massive on your case now with this ......... :rtfm:.

I know the poster's question was innocent enough, but as you know, on here it's guilty til proven innocent ??

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Mrs Greebo said:

Hi Folks,

We used to have a fantastic mongrel dog, who was a great companion, liked nothing better than digging holes and getting muddy! After a lot of thought I have decided to look for a Bedlington - Whippet cross puppy,  but am wary of puppy farmers - I have no idea where to start.  Does anyone have any advice - I would like to avoid the pets4homes if i can.  The other option mentioned to me was a Schnauzer standard x whippet cross if anyone would like to comment.Many thanks.

Best to source a pup off genuine hole digging parents that have been at the getting muddy game for at least 5 seasons more ideally 

• Haha 4
38 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Whoooooaaa blacky, there's no need to be facetious! I think some fresh air would do you a power of good, my good man ?

Thanks for the comments - you all have a point - all of my animals so far have been rescue, but this time,we wanted a young pup so that it would be accepted by our cats.It wasn't the issue of price I was worried about, just getting a pup from a happy mum who is loved and cared for, and I thought a forum like this would help me find folks who are genuine about their animals.  Many thanks folks, I am sure I will find the right pup soon - I have only been looking seriously for a week or so, although I have been thinking about it for a long time!!

45 minutes ago, Black neck said:

There's pros and cons to this however

I mean say for example a honed finely tilthed loam with anticipation of a drilling of stuttgarter was tore into

Could be on a sticky wicket to say the least ?

12 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I mean say for example a honed finely tilthed loam with anticipation of a drilling of stuttgarter was tore into

From seed is it 

Such a purist 

14 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

From seed is it 

Such a purist 

:ninja: