Isle of Mull

Just came back from one of the best holidays I've had, a week at portfield on mull. Stunning place, isolated and wild, no electricity or wifi. While there i saw a pair of white tail eagles and found a feather a mile or so on from one, otters, ravens, seals, peregrine and a goshawk missing it's strike on a rabbit. All seen within a mile of the house. The place was heaving with rabbits with at least half all black. Also had a free range herd of cows and young bullocks and the biggest bull i have ever seen as neighbours, right around the house at times rubbing on drainpipes and a pain in the arse shifting from around the car. Hope to return soon, many of here spend time on Mull?

Cheers

portfield-cottage-mull.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jok said:

You don't get better than that pal. (How did you get on with the midgies)? Did you see any deer? Jok.

Midgies were a pain in the arse in a night when I had washed the Smidge off and had to walk the dogs! Saw some fallow at lochbuie, no reds

• Haha 1

I too am just back from mull,went on Friday till this morning,I thought you would have seen plenty of red deer around loch don area not far from where you were it was rather wet yesterday morning,as for midges I never new something so small could have teeth so big,atb wf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Worked over there a long time ago to remove wall and install window so the owner could look at Ben more from the kitchen table.phil Collins owned the estate next to it but sold it was to do with a song he had about streets of London and him being an absentee landlord

• Like 1

Only been once, stayed in a wee cottage at Fionnphort next to the Iona ferry. Absolutely the place to go in the UK to see eagles. I watched a pair of Golden Eagles ‘mob’ a Sea Eagle near Lochbuie. Boat trip out to Staffa was good too.

• Like 2

Didn’t go there but I was in the Highlands last week and had a great week. Wonderful place if you like walking, hunting and nature. Weather spot on and roads were quiet ?? That place looks lovely. Might try there next year ??

• Like 1