Chipmunk in the UK?

Jumped in the car to drive to my parents and saw a chipmunk run across the road, at first I was thinking it was a light brown grey squirrel but I saw the two black stripes down it's back. God knows how it got there, I can't see it being a wild one surely not? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chipmunks, dozens of them around at the minute. 

im getting her a new set of tits for her 40th birthday......... on the condition she gets rid of the smelly,noisy little marsupial c**ts???

I got 3 sugargliders here your welcome to try jiggy....horriblesmellyfuckingratlikecnuts?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

If it was a Siberian Chipmunk then they are doing very well over here.Last year there numbers were estimated at 1000  living in the wild having been released by a breeder.

Don't know what subspecies it was but I saw it clear as day, no squirrel I've seen as those  markings. 

Edited by Jobi
1 hour ago, ArchieHood said:

If it was a Siberian Chipmunk then they are doing very well over here.Last year there numbers were estimated at 1000  living in the wild having been released by a breeder.

What's the story with them. Are they good sport and edible ( are they more squirrel or rabbit like? ) I ate grey squirrel before. Nice meat but not much on them and tough to skin. Maybe the ones I got were old.

3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Have a google theres been reports about chipmunks for years living in the uk.

Just an unexpected place where I've seen it, can't say it's exactly teeming with wildlife. 

Edited by Jobi
19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely the size would have give the game away before the stripes, fair size diff between them 

This one wasn't that small, it was a decent sized thing. Don't know how big the subspecies can get like. 

It was the colouration that stood out, of course I might have been hallucinating. It ran across that quick never had chance to get a snap of it, hope I see the little b*****d again. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jiggy said:

What's the story with them. Are they good sport and edible ( are they more squirrel or rabbit like? ) I ate grey squirrel before. Nice meat but not much on them and tough to skin. Maybe the ones I got were old.

I got 3 sugargliders here your welcome to try jiggy....horriblesmellyfuckingratlikecnuts?

• Haha 5