brass & balls

follow this section quite a lot as I enjoy reading about what you all get upto on your foxing sessions!!

I put off putting myself out there regarding foxing as I like me bed and am not to keen on nightshifts with starting work early...

been out a few times with a mate lately though but only used the 12's as we generally get into the black stuff as the sun rises!

I won't get into the perm situation as its not mine and I get invited, all ill say is it gets poached quite a bit and the potshot possy are shite and the foxes have wised up hence the 

hiding ambush approach!

so I've been hitting YouTube hard for nightshift motivation and ideas, this is where I saw these callers. 

so being a Yorkshire man I thought I can make that and it'll cost pennies...

had to go into town with the kids this morning so I picked up two packs of squeaky dog balls for £2:thumbs:

and plenty of 223 brass at home 

2034445530_ICEGWFLjSK5YB7SOzbBeA.jpg.7594a24c9d5f131efabdf5f881c1d0dd.jpg

so I pulled the squeak out of the toys and drilled out the primer end and bobs your noisy uncle...

not sure if they'll work as I could of done with bigger cartridges really ill get some off me mate later!

1688989293_iQ9CBbJhSYC5EjVJIHpqQ.jpg.d2f38648ef205c7ff9ff358271bdfcb8.jpg

so I'm meeting my mate this evening about 7pm as the farmers seen a few lurking about before dark...

not sure if there more confident during those hours as the visitors will turn up after dark... 

they might be wise to a few things but I bet they've never heard a racket like me with this contraption :laugh:

no 12 tonight or night shift

fullsizeoutput_58a.jpeg.7e83149c013a22946b5ffeb5a2c43a69.jpeg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

That's neat. You've got a talent there.

Can I buy one off you. I like it?

SD.

no but you can have one,

when I get hold of some 6.5's ill pm you:thumbs: first time ive used me lathe in months!!

cheers sd

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, si brown said:

no but you can have one,

when I get hold of some 6.5's ill pm you:thumbs: first time ive used me lathe in months!!

cheers sd

Thank you that is kind.

I only have one old crusty 30/30 case. Can I send it to you?

Pm me if yes. If not it's no problem.

SD.

• Like 1

thanks for the offers lads, im sure ill be able to get some when I catch up with a couple of mates

ill knock a few up, they'll cos pennies to make.. bet I can get a box of squeakers off eBay for nowt!

think there just a bit quirky so they'll suit a few of us on here:laugh: handy for a mooch and shoot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 03/08/2019 at 15:11, si brown said:

thanks for the offers lads, im sure ill be able to get some when I catch up with a couple of mates

ill knock a few up, they'll cos pennies to make.. bet I can get a box of squeakers off eBay for nowt!

think there just a bit quirky so they'll suit a few of us on here:laugh: handy for a mooch and shoot. 

I think they are excellent, even if they don’t work very good, it’s something I would like.

let me know if you get a few made and have a couple spare.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rabid said:

I think they are excellent, even if they don’t work very good, it’s something I would like.

let me know if you get a few made and have a couple spare.

Will do... they worked the other night :)

859716E5-1048-4082-B769-80EDFEB0668C.jpeg

B5DE775C-A0E2-4BBC-8092-9B5CA0C96292.jpeg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Those pig units can provide slot of fun ?.

Your not wrong sd... was a good night all round!!

was trying to work out why I felt like I’d been kicked in yesterday and twigged...

looked at me phone app and we covered 11 mile on that session luggin that bloody 85 around?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, si brown said:

Your not wrong sd... was a good night all round!!

was trying to work out why I felt like I’d been kicked in yesterday and twigged...

looked at me phone app and we covered 11 mile on that session luggin that bloody 85 around?

11miles!?