Couple of days to go

1 hour ago, white van man said:

Good luck with it all. Had a pup here for the last couple of months and it’s been keeping me busy. Exciting times ahead. 

Cheers van man ??Can’t wait to start training her Really looking forward to it 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of days to go and I pick this little beauty up can’t wait! 

Good ingredients if I may say so mesen. Meks a change to see summat not infected wi bull or such like 

good luck with the pup,the time of rearing a pup from start to field is a joyous occasion,im looking forward myself to the same scenario (i hope) soon enough ..stick a few more photos up as you travel

Posted Images

Cheers Phil ??Wouldn’t let me reply to your comment. Should be a proper mooching type hopefully don’t think this pup will be as racey  as her aunt  or nan that I have but more a compact strong type this time I picked a pup I went a completely different way about things than I normally go for longest back compact head long tail half decent feet long legs decent coat this time I just picked the first one that took my eye at 2hrs old in my head I didn’t know if this pup was available to me yet has her breeder hadn’t picked her keeper but really hoped it was I went to see the litter at a week old checked the records that were being kept on weight gain or loss An was really liking what I was seeing she was a constant weight gainer I looked her over she’s a strong little thing has quite a broad head at the time there was no sign of broken coat but it felt like a collie cross coat double layered an thick feet like little boxing gloves reasonable size tail not the longest back in the litter but not to short my mind was set after 8-9hours watching them I really liked this pup an what I was seeing we got chatting I’d already worked out the 2 the lady that bred them had her eye on out the litter so it was done the pup was my pick out the litter I don’t think this pup is the prettiest Looking in the litter to some people that had followed the litter but to me she’s just the ticket and the best thing since sliced bread I try An gauge further on I think my pick was wise I also think my pick will surprise a few people as she gets older I recon she’ll end up being pleasing on the eye but fit for function round here for some rough an tumble as the land is really varied not like my old location big flat fast moving land were second chances are not offered can’t wait to see if it all pans out 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Cheers Phil ??Wouldn’t let me reply to your comment. Should be a proper mooching type hopefully don’t think this pup will be as racey  as her aunt  or nan that I have but more a compact strong type this time I picked a pup I went a completely different way about things than I normally go for longest back compact head long tail half decent feet long legs decent coat this time I just picked the first one that took my eye at 2hrs old in my head I didn’t know if this pup was available to me yet has her breeder hadn’t picked her keeper but really hoped it was I went to see the litter at a week old checked the records that were being kept on weight gain or loss An was really liking what I was seeing she was a constant weight gainer I looked her over she’s a strong little thing has quite a broad head at the time there was no sign of broken coat but it felt like a collie cross coat double layered an thick feet like little boxing gloves reasonable size tail not the longest back in the litter but not to short my mind was set after 8-9hours watching them I really liked this pup an what I was seeing we got chatting I’d already worked out the 2 the lady that bred them had her eye on out the litter so it was done the pup was my pick out the litter I don’t think this pup is the prettiest Looking in the litter to some people that had followed the litter but to me she’s just the ticket and the best thing since sliced bread I try An gauge further on I think my pick was wise I also think my pick will surprise a few people as she gets older I recon she’ll end up being pleasing on the eye but fit for function round here for some rough an tumble as the land is really varied not like my old location big flat fast moving land were second chances are not offered can’t wait to see if it all pans out 

Your choice sounds ideal for the jobs that you have in mind. 

Looks don't matter a jot,...it is all about getting on with one another...and hopefully,.. speaking the same language.?

I have got a cur bitch here now.  I really have some good craic with...she is limited, speed-wise, but between us, we get by.

Enjoy the pup, being a pup,...try to take it everywhere with you,.become its best pal...the rest is easy...?

DSC_9664.JPG

• Like 2
4 hours ago, poxon said:

Cheers salt ??Hopefully mate I’ve had no problems with my bitch seems to be sorted so fingers crossed it’s all plain sailing I want to see what she can really do  this season I’ve a good feeling I’ve got her a apprenticeship along side a mates dog for when we’re ready to turn the heat up abit to find out if she’s got it or not 

I'll be giving this dog more runs this season I picked all his runs last season building his confidence so this season he should be doing just fine he covers a good amount of ground in no time so will get him running fit then see what happens but a little while yet as this weather is still really warm I can see it being a warm September aswell so I'll be starting October time I reckon 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I'll be giving this dog more runs this season I picked all his runs last season building his confidence so this season he should be doing just fine he covers a good amount of ground in no time so will get him running fit then see what happens but a little while yet as this weather is still really warm I can see it being a warm September aswell so I'll be starting October time I reckon 

Fair play ty 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, poxon said:

Atb wi it d hope she does u proud, would of reply sooner but it took us haif hour to get through you last post ??atb pal

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Little belter that mate. Looks to have thrown quite beddyish, lovely ?

Cheers shark ?? She does don’t she the sire has over a 1/4 bedlington in him an the dam has 1/4 bedlington be interesting to see what she makes to the shoulders dam is 24.5 an sire 24 but both the litter they came from we’re various in size 

• Like 1

good luck with the pup,the time of rearing a pup from start to field is a joyous occasion,im looking forward myself to the same scenario (i hope) soon enough ..stick a few more photos up as you travel the journey ..

• Like 3