Puppy attacked

Hi all. I've never posted but regularly have a nosey for advice with my 8 mth lurcher hence this post. 4wk ago he was attacked by a staffie, it got one of his front paws n his back leg, it makes me furious to think about it so won't go into all what happened, luckily punctured rather than ripped the skin so physically he's healed, he was obviously skatty after but treats when walking ect & he seems to be getting there the problem is he's started to not listen in the house- he won't sit, move ect n anyone walking past the house & I've got a very long driveway but he goes manic barking and snarling. I'm not sure if it's him testing the waters dominance wise & it's coincidentally coincided with this happening or if it's a result of what happened. Any advice or thoughts on the situation would be hugely appreciated. Thanks 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably a mixture of both issues coming out. Next time it snarls/barks at the door/someone passing, pin it to the floor and repeatedly punch it in the balls/fanny. When it submits with thos

My dog keeps chasing people on a bike .... So I've taken the bike off him ?

He's not tall enough to reach a lurchers balls.

Probably a mixture of both issues coming out.

Next time it snarls/barks at the door/someone passing, pin it to the floor and repeatedly punch it in the balls/fanny.

When it submits with those "I've had enough eyes", slide a finger in it's arse while whispering "I love you"

Should sort it out in a matter of minutes ;)

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Next time it snarls/barks at the door/someone passing, pin it to the floor and repeatedly punch it in the balls/fanny.

When it submits with those "I've had enough eyes", slide a finger in it's arse while whispering "I love you"

That's the problem we having- obviously not kicking him in balls but giving him abit of a ragging isn't stopping the situation- I originally thought it was his age n him trying it on. He does submit n stop there n then but nxt time same thing.... I should of put that in original post really. He could just be taking the piss but thought ppl with experience with lurchers might have a better idea- we've always worked spaniels n a ragging first time usually sorts it out... thanks for reply tho rather than taking the piss.... just 're read n saw u was taking the piss but still...... was only looking to see if anyone had experienced similar...... 

Edited by Dlou
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dlou said:

That's the problem we having- obviously not kicking him in balls but giving him abit of a ragging isn't stopping the situation- I originally thought it was his age n him trying it on. He does submit n stop there n then but nxt time same thing.... I should of put that in original post really. He could just be taking the piss but thought ppl with experience with lurchers might have a better idea- we've always worked spaniels n a ragging first time usually sorts it out... thanks for reply tho rather than taking the piss.... just 're read n saw u was taking the piss but still...... was only looking to see if anyone had experienced similar...... 

What makes you think he’s taking the piss ?

My Wheaton cross used to be great with dogs then at 18 months old he got set about on by 2 staffies one had his front leg while one was on his back end the one on the front i stood on its head so it couldn’t shake until the daft woman owner came round the corner ever since then he’s been a c**t with dogs he doesn’t no atb longers01 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mushroom said:

I think the hot plate kennel would sort this 1 out mate you still have the blue prints 

9 hours ago, Dlou said:

Hi all. I've never posted but regularly have a nosey for advice with my 8 mth lurcher hence this post. 4wk ago he was attacked by a staffie, it got one of his front paws n his back leg, it makes me furious to think about it so won't go into all what happened, luckily punctured rather than ripped the skin so physically he's healed, he was obviously skatty after but treats when walking ect & he seems to be getting there the problem is he's started to not listen in the house- he won't sit, move ect n anyone walking past the house & I've got a very long driveway but he goes manic barking and snarling. I'm not sure if it's him testing the waters dominance wise & it's coincidentally coincided with this happening or if it's a result of what happened. Any advice or thoughts on the situation would be hugely appreciated. Thanks 

Few things going on there me aul bucko,  first,  sexuality has kicked in , he’s more driven , eager to investigate sights/smells etc , while grub/gut had motivated him before, now his balls are tingling for work , it’s not a dead ear it’s a different emotional state 

A dog has no idea what its bred for , it has no idea it wasn’t born to run down the driveway barking like a c**t because if that the only physical expression open to him that’s the position it’ll fill , it needs some form or work/hunting 

forget training in the house, forget that shite , if the dog is in the house , ignore the f****r , inside rest outside play , train where the dog needs to listen , the field, 

the staff thing may become an issue time will tell, and it may be only staffies could be any male dog , don’t walk him on a lead around dogs it’s only building up tension , take him out into the countryside and let his temperment develop naturally   Best of luck 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

I think the hot plate kennel would sort this 1 out mate you still have the blue prints 

I thought we were talking about women?‍♂️... you can't do the hotplate method to them, legally ?‍♂️