mooching in the rain

not one for out of season but you have to exercise dog and keep her occupied. it's a lot of ground to cover for 1 dog. it has to work cover flush it's quarry then get out and catch it. this little dog seems to manage Screenshot_20190731_155410_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.aa7ade3834d0e1390f1326eddda22156.jpgScreenshot_20190731_155346_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.cd606fd84ff3ae145d492610adb8b55f.jpg

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate I drive throo leyburn everyday a couple times, tbh mate if we get any more rain I’ll have to trawl the long nets behind a boat or tractor an even then I’ll prob catch more trout than rabbits in the fields 

lol. just been watching on sky. Leyburn fire crew were being interviewed. are you anywhere near the bridge collapse at Grinton? 

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate it the back roads, when leyburn flooded, folk trying to get back to Richmond an that way all headed that way, was lucky no body was hurt like, but it was noticed very early an roads where all closed according, but was madness everybody was driving in circles round the moors, coming to closed roads an then having to find another way, in end they all got closed tho once fire men an that got The folk that really needed out, out. I just phoned w mate to see if he had been up that way yet as I been out with kids all day an he says all undamaged roads are open again but some spots still got lot water running but most are passableFB1F24C4-1156-4AA6-B2D4-0336531FE2B6.jpeg.9e3152d194a8259606ec99697328e6cd.jpegFAA9B997-0AF4-4024-B2C1-02CF53122914.jpeg.0915cf07c876546724eaddd149025591.jpeg ?

it's bad. going to be a long time before that's open again. chap on tv said teesdale had nothing and it's only a few miles away 

13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Catterick had barely nowt an it’s only across the army land mate madness, Like I said when I got in heard the thunder followed me across moors an I had wife an kids running about mental battening down the hatches, an nowt haha half hour later an me kids where out playing in T-shirt’s ffs, wife was calling me a drama queen till she saw the news ??

Well the hunting life is pleased the great white hunter is safe?

4 hours ago, fred90 said:

it's bad. going to be a long time before that's open again. chap on tv said teesdale had nothing and it's only a few miles away 

watched the news , looks bad up there , some poor folks houses  flooded  downstairs etc. when you look at some of the walls, and bridges that collapsed , there all very old. wonder if they try to build new ones instead of just patching them up, like they seem to do in most rural places .?  nice little dog fred, what is it  beddyx whippet,   i like the straight  beddyx grey me self , but you dont see that many today, it nearly always  beddyxwhippet x grey .!

13 minutes ago, bird said:

watched the news , looks bad up there , some poor folks houses  flooded  downstairs etc. when you look at some of the walls, and bridges that collapsed , there all very old. wonder if they try to build new ones instead of just patching them up, like they seem to do in most rural places .?  nice little dog fred, what is it  beddyx whippet,   i like the straight  beddyx grey me self , but you dont see that many today, it nearly always  beddyxwhippet x grey .!

she is a first cross beddywhippet. you are better with greyhound blood if you want a running dog. she is what I call a 25-30 yard dog. most of her work is bushing and marking but she Catches well when she gets a run at short distance. she suits me for what I do these days. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, fred90 said:

she is a first cross beddywhippet. you are better with greyhound blood if you want a running dog. she is what I call a 25-30 yard dog. most of her work is bushing and marking but she Catches well when she gets a run at short distance. she suits me for what I do these days. 

she sounds spot on for that,  i like lurchers about 24-25 in  40-60lb  a beddyx grey  would be about  that size, and make good mooching dog and few nights in the lamp , i am more in the day now, but do like bit of alrounder  if was getting another dog.

1 minute ago, bird said:

she sounds spot on for that,  i like lurchers about 24-25 in  40-60lb  a beddyx grey  would be about  that size, and make good mooching dog and few nights in the lamp , i am more in the day now, but do like bit of alrounder  if was getting another dog.

I think a bedlington x greyhound would give you options at just about everything. the hard part is getting a well bred one from the right stuff. I can't remember the last time I even saw one. 

30 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I think a bedlington x greyhound would give you options at just about everything. the hard part is getting a well bred one from the right stuff. I can't remember the last time I even saw one. 

sent pm ?

This usual (used to be unusual) out of season rainfall is yet another thing that is knacking the rabbits. In areas that I know the rabbits do a great job of coping with outbreaks of myxi, season to season. RHD seems to be evident but not, if that makes sense. But constant heavy rain during the "breeding season" is f#####g them up more each year.

I have no idea what or who is causing it. I honestly believe that no one knows for sure. The influence of man can make sense, but also the argument that it is a natural cycle of the planet and we can do nothing to prevent it. What ever the cause of it, the climate it is a changing.

But dwindling rabbit numbers are an inconsequence when people's homes are being destroyed. Anyone in power working on short term prevention/damage limitation of this? Don't think they are.

On 31/07/2019 at 21:55, bird said:

Didn’t “ fence hopper” on here  used to have a straight beddy x greyhound, I think he then bought a whippet. Was quite a robust thing, like a big beddy. Was quite some time ago though.