Dog breeding and no doubt Dog thieving in the UK nothing new,as well as price

8 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I don't know, mate. Someone earlier posted of thirty grand from a litter of pups. If supply could meet that demand it's a very lucrative industry. It's easy to see why some are tempted with that kind of return.

That clearly went straight over your canister ?

• Haha 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are dog peddlers really the scum of the earth? If a lad can get £30.000 grand for a litter of pups good luck to him. The punters are getting what they want and the breeder pays for his wedding, happy

Before people run out on the latest get rich quick scheme, the french bulldog is an absolutely useless breed of dog and I have known plenty of chancers get there fingers burned, because the puppy’s of

Looked after one of those frenchies for a girl I no some time back, thing would faint if you took her out for a decent walk, chuck some water on it and cool it off and it would spring back up ready fo

Posted Images

No money in lurchers... when the old man did his last stretch when we was all a bit younger he brought the old girl 3 bitch chihuahuas and it put dinner on the table and that was that... there all spade and pets for life now. But at the time they served there purpose..

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Its apples and oranges though mate....pest control is necessary,breeding countless amounts of poor quality dogs is not necessary.....we can all dress it up however we see fit,personally i cant find anything good about buying a dog with the sole purpose of making money from breeding it......is it as bad as sucking dick behind Kings Cross station to make money..... no,but it shows similar weakness and indignity in my opinion.

Pest control is necessary your right but loads and in fact most do it for fun and not for a living,there not all farmers,keepers or full time pest controler's  and every shoot has folks there for nothing else but to kill 100, 200 or more birds between them.As for poor quality,these folk know what lines of ped dogs have faults and will drive hundreds of miles to buy a puppy of the right breeding to raise as a brood or stud so they can and do produce the best quality fault free pet dogs they can. As for comparing it to sucking dick,there good honest people who work hard 16+ hours every day 7 days a week,a very poor comparison in my opinion..:thumbdown:

1 hour ago, fireman said:

Pest control is necessary your right but loads and in fact most do it for fun and not for a living,there not all farmers,keepers or full time pest controler's  and every shoot has folks there for nothing else but to kill 100, 200 or more birds between them.As for poor quality,these folk know what lines of ped dogs have faults and will drive hundreds of miles to buy a puppy of the right breeding to raise as a brood or stud so they can and do produce the best quality fault free pet dogs they can. As for comparing it to sucking dick,there good honest people who work hard 16+ hours every day 7 days a week,a very poor comparison in my opinion..:thumbdown:

How many dogs do they have and many people work there?

11 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

How many dogs do they have and many people work there?

Licenced for 50 breeding bitches but they have around 30 and it's a family run affair with parents and 2 daughters with grand kids at weekends..

On 02/08/2019 at 20:11, fireman said:

I dont think its a poor comparison at all its 2 groups of people belittling their own character for financial gain.......i cant see any logic in the comparison between hunting and puppy peddling so i dont even know what to say to that......is there a shortage of dogs ?.....are dog homes not full to the brim with unwanted dogs across the entire country ?.....im not the most compassionate of people but having strolled around some of these rehoming places of late it really hits home what a disgrace the dog breeding game is,i find it hard to comprehend how or why you are trying to justify puppy peddling so out of manners and good will i,ll leave it there.

I've had nine dogs, no pedigrees and only three bought as pups,. My first cost five bob from the local farm when I was 7 years old and a couple of ISDS registered sheepdogs that made cracking gun dogs I bought about 30 years ago. All the rest including the current incumbent have been hand me downs from one source or another.  I beat with and shot over the sheepdogs, herded cows with an unregistered GSD who also flushed and retrieved game birds, herded sheep with an unregistered springer spaniel who also worked a beating line and retrieved from a hide, hunted the ultimate quarry with two donated / no papers GSDs and have never had a bad dog. Even the little 3 year old Fox T X JRT we got from the dog pound last December has made a cracking pet.

There is absolutely no need to buy a pedigree breed IMO and this craze for sticking two breeds together just to get  catchy name is abhorrent! And the dozy tarts who buy them demand that they should be registered. It's crazy!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think its a poor comparison at all its 2 groups of people belittling their own character for financial gain.......i cant see any logic in the comparison between hunting and puppy peddling so i dont even know what to say to that......is there a shortage of dogs ?.....are dog homes not full to the brim with unwanted dogs across the entire country ?.....im not the most compassionate of people but having strolled around some of these rehoming places of late it really hits home what a disgrace the dog breeding game is,i find it hard to comprehend how or why you are trying to justify puppy peddling so out of manners and good will i,ll leave it there.

We all earn our money in one way or another and there earning money there way and i ain't justifying it just saying how since iv'e seen with my own eyes what goes on there i'm less put off by it...But as for manners i'm with you and we'll just let it go mate..:thumbs:

• Like 1

As soon any particular breed of a dog becomes a fashion accessory, breeders will be along to cash in an ultimately destroy the breed for generations to come.

Easy money and they don't give a flying feck who they sell to or what happens to the pups, seen single mothers on the local estate round here, French bull dog in one arm and a  kid in the other, the kids dressed like a feck urchin and dog looks well-fed, fecking things should be banned from having dogs 

• Like 1