Dog breeding and no doubt Dog thieving in the UK nothing new,as well as price

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are dog peddlers really the scum of the earth? If a lad can get £30.000 grand for a litter of pups good luck to him. The punters are getting what they want and the breeder pays for his wedding, happy

Before people run out on the latest get rich quick scheme, the french bulldog is an absolutely useless breed of dog and I have known plenty of chancers get there fingers burned, because the puppy’s of

Looked after one of those frenchies for a girl I no some time back, thing would faint if you took her out for a decent walk, chuck some water on it and cool it off and it would spring back up ready fo

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Have a look around the dog pounds......im not one to go all fluffy and emotional but this is dogs we are talking about not the latest Reeboks.

Same could be said about breeding for use though, how many pit bulls/lurchers/terriers etc have ended up in shelters......not all make the grade so are sold/dumped etc.

Like I said on paper I’d do it, but if I ever will is a different thing......I’d need a proper set and the space/time to know deep down I’d give them the best I could or I wouldn’t even attempt it.

But ultimately you are right, a trip to the dog shelter usually gives me enough reasons not to do it 

6 minutes ago, birchmoor said:

Hancock doesnt have any pups for sale, anyone know why?

Due to being elderly I’d imagine? 

I never went to his place, but heard plenty about it some good, some bad and there’s no doubt he was a peddler.......big difference to breeding off a pet a couple of times though

i know a few lads who with my brother clubbed together and imported the stud from the states at a cost of 37 k,they got machines that tell them when bitches are ready etc, do all the proper DNA,health checks etc,feed them the best raw food,no expense spared,pups are registered and they pay tax on the earnings(allegedly).....I take my hat off to them....they're not ripping folks off selling them dreams..but I don't agree with it even though they are family and good mates?I've been offered no end of pups from them,f**k I got room to kennel 12 dogs outside but wouldn't entertain it.....I graft for my money ,always have,always will?

I know lads with working dogs and in 25 years I've not been to theirs and they not had pups on the ground or in crates in the kitchen.....dont charge the earth ...but they are peddlers plain and simple in my books..lots of lads pay for dogs then want the money back 1 way or another ?

45 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

i know a few lads who with my brother clubbed together and imported the stud from the states at a cost of 37 k,they got machines that tell them when bitches are ready etc, do all the proper DNA,health checks etc,feed them the best raw food,no expense spared,pups are registered and they pay tax on the earnings(allegedly).....I take my hat off to them....they're not ripping folks off selling them dreams..but I don't agree with it even though they are family and good mates?I've been offered no end of pups from them,f**k I got room to kennel 12 dogs outside but wouldn't entertain it.....I graft for my money ,always have,always will?

I know lads with working dogs and in 25 years I've not been to theirs and they not had pups on the ground or in crates in the kitchen.....dont charge the earth ...but they are peddlers plain and simple in my books..lots of lads pay for dogs then want the money back 1 way or another ?

I understand what you mean mate.....as a working dog man who will happily give a dog away for free to the right home (as I did to a complete stranger with one of mine on here recently) it is sickening to see some mug buy a frenchie, breed it and all of a sudden is some f***ing expert on dogs with people paying him £1000s for his pups......and like you say most of us graft for our money and we enjoy our dogs but is adding one of these bitches to your kennels/house, looking after it as a pet/bit of company and having a litter or two over the years to make a few grand out of as an extra income really that bad? If anything it’s just making the most of an existing market that is all going to carry on regardless of if you get involved or not. 

I must state I’m only on about doing it properly, looking after the dog like your others, going out on regular walks with them, take it fishing and other stuff you don’t really do with your working dogs. If you do all that and can honestly say to yourself that dog wants for nothing then imo your doing no harm to anyone buy breeding from it and cashing in on the pups.

who’s worse?.....someone breeding terriers/lurchers that aren’t worth a wank yet selling pups on with a load of spiel to hype them up or someone straight up selling pups that have been DNA tested to people who spend years waiting for the right genes/colours to come up just because it’s their thing and it’s what they want?

we can all talk about how as working dog men we have morals where the prices have somehow stayed between free and £150 for the last 20 years......we can all be absolutely baffled about how some silly c**t would pay £2500 for a dog that we wouldn’t be seen dead with.......we can all be shocked at the ridiculous money we see our mates making.......we can all graft for our money.......but we can also all find time to take a little slice of the pie ourselves knowing morally you have done right for the dog/pups all along but at the same time just made 10k+ tax free on your years wages selling pups to mugs who really don’t know a good dog if it bit them.

Like I say I’ve never bred a litter, I’ve sold two dogs and gave 3 away over the years so I’m far from a peddler lol most of my dogs stay with me or around me untill their dying day and I’d like to think the way I keep them and look after them is as good as anyone else can offer. But if I could have 10k+ a year running happily round with these is it an opportunity missed?? 

if I’ll ever do it tho is another thing lol but when you weigh it up it’s definitely food for thought :thumbs:

Edited by Stoney100
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I agree if there are dogs in pounds they should be your first choice. Not saying I would buy a designer dog but if all is above board and people are willing to pay then you cant bash people for breeding and making money. 

No you cant bash them.....but personally i couldnt respect a man who has to demean himself enough to use animals to make money he cant/wont earn himself.

1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

Same could be said about breeding for use though, how many pit bulls/lurchers/terriers etc have ended up in shelters......not all make the grade so are sold/dumped etc.

Like I said on paper I’d do it, but if I ever will is a different thing......I’d need a proper set and the space/time to know deep down I’d give them the best I could or I wouldn’t even attempt it.

But ultimately you are right, a trip to the dog shelter usually gives me enough reasons not to do it 

But they were bred for a purpose besides money...... in my opinion only a person of low character would use a dog to get money he cant get himself,but its only my opinion.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

But they were bred for a purpose besides money...... in my opinion only a person of low character would use a dog to get money he cant get himself,but its only my opinion.

As a main/only income yes I’d agree but for a busy working man I don’t think it’s such a bad thing to make a few quid in your back garden to make life a bit easier 

I could never breed them pedigree fanny lickers as it would mean talking to the brainless pricks that buy them and that I would struggle with, all image and no substance 

C6C802AA-67A6-40EE-BC23-FBD74B01EDC5.png

Edited by Greyman
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Even as a main income if done properly with top of the range kennels and the pups parent riddled with illness and ailments fair enough. No different to somebody buying cars fixing them up with decent parts and selling them for profit where as if they were selling shite with loads of hidden problems folk would be raging. 

It is different tho because the value of the dog goes down as they get older while cars go up. The dog will ultimately end up useless to a full time breeder but as a pet it won’t.....that’s why I don’t think small backyard breeders should be tarred with the full time kennels

I don't mind folk selling dogs as long as not a means of making a living. Some breed because they are fanciers and the quality of the animals is main priority, I won't begrudge those kind of people. 

42 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I don't mind folk selling dogs as long as not a means of making a living. Some breed because they are fanciers and the quality of the animals is main priority, I won't begrudge those kind of people. 

And colours......especially blue dogs of all breeds and crosses :whistling:

• Haha 1