Is it necessary

31 minutes ago, leslie harold gedge said:

You really are a fool I never saw you shoot more than 6 but you always took more even the canadas I will have them we all laughed at you 

You never stop lying do you Gedgey.I eat Canada geese because unlike some my wife can cook them properly.???

2 minutes ago, leslie harold gedge said:

People will work it out I have loads of mates.that will vouch for my shooting something you have not got mates

Of course you have because you say so LOL.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn’t think a 3 1/2” would have any advantage unless you are shooting larger shot sizes, in which case you’ll just get more pellets in your pattern. My experience has been that holds true with 2 3/4” to 3” and between gauge size. Shooting larger pellets size up for more payload. I seldom shoot geese, only with Les (thanks Les), but shoot ducks when I can, and pretty much always shoot a 20g with nothing larger than #4’s, usually #6 Bismuth. Depending on what shot size and choke you are using, a 2 3/4” shell pay actually work better. Try patterning a few. Also, don’t worry about speed too much. You will get better patterns with slower velocity. 

On 10/08/2019 at 18:30, leslie harold gedge said:

You will find 3 1/2 shot a lot slower if you have not shot geese stick  to the 3in will be easier to work your lead out .hope it helps

Not true! The Remington sportsman 3 1/2" i use are doing 1550fps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 14:39, ianm said:

chronographing your sportsman steel amo might change your opinion. I am guessing 1400 to 1450 fps 1550 is going to put typical 3.5 inch steel loads over pressure.

I do not like agreeing with Les  he is an inland goose shooter( crop protector  or opatunist call it what you will) )  he is  masquerading as a Wildfowler on a wildfowling forum,  but there is a big difference .

2 hours ago, samphire said:

chronographing your sportsman steel amo might change your opinion. I am guessing 1400 to 1450 fps 1550 is going to put typical 3.5 inch steel loads over pressure.

I do not like agreeing with Les  he is an inland goose shooter( crop protector  or opatunist call it what you will) )  he is  masquerading as a Wildfowler on a wildfowling forum,  but there is a big difference .

Shooting greylags over stubble etc inland is not wildfowling!

• Like 1
On 16/09/2019 at 14:39, ianm said:

Evening

Could I ask where you're buying the Remingtons? I used some a few years ago and they were excellent but haven't been able to source them since?

Thanks

19 hours ago, redfish77 said:

Evening

Could I ask where you're buying the Remingtons? I used some a few years ago and they were excellent but haven't been able to source them since?

Thanks

I haven't been able to buy them for a couple of years now. I have been using stock i bought a while ago although i did manage to buy a couple of hundred of someone who packed up recently. The people who import remington aren't bringing them in now which is a great pity.