Has any body attemped to make one themselves?

Ive got a hw97 sitting in a hw77 stock designed for iron sights use. 

So eye to scope alignment is not the best.

I plan to raise the cheek rest by about an inch.

Im not going to make it adjustable im just going to use dowells cut to the correct length. I think...

To be continued...

FF

This might be both easier and certainly much quicker. http://www.recoilsystems.com/combraiser.php

There is also the Bear Tooth system, again fast and cheap which allows you to get the correct height. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beartooth-Comb-Raising-Kit-2-0-Shotgun-Rifle-Butt-Stock-Brown-No-Loops-Model/264314664856?epid=2256011669&hash=item3d8a61b798:g:ItQAAOSwkvFafa9L

This caught my eye and represents good value, certainly the route long term I would take, in my humble opinion, dowels are just not strong enough and not too difficult to break. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Rifle-Adjustable-Cheek-Piece-Risers-Cut-To-Suit-Stock/113834968718?hash=item1a8117c68e:g:RkQAAOSwr0ZXNkFK

Phil

Nice job as jonny ten thumbs i took the lazy option with 1 of these on my P/h and CZ .No cutting ,no drilling and can swap from rifle to rifle .That level of smooth cut ,id be asking if anyone was selling a spare stock :whistling:

tourbon.jpg

4 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Nice job as jonny ten thumbs i took the lazy option with 1 of these on my P/h and CZ .No cutting ,no drilling and can swap from rifle to rifle .That level of smooth cut ,id be asking if anyone was selling a spare stock :whistling:

tourbon.jpg

Where did you order that from bc?!

looks spot on for me 223, it’s well low?

14 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Here we go... im happy with it.

It does the job eye through scope is perfect now.

20190730_181634.jpg.cd9d271ae470f1b760f84b2f7c00294d.jpg20190730_181811.jpg.76783a6026b92085c402c8b1dbae54ad.jpg

Not knocking your work ff but that is one stunning stock not seen one like that for a long time

just that i think you have spoilt it with that riser

it would look a lot better with two alloy rods in it .

just my opinion mind .

but if it works it works

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

The stock was varnished looked carp.

So took it back to original

Then stained with light oak stain.

FF

Honest mate apart from the two 97,s si brown has thats one of the three iv seen that are really stunning ff

and i like the engraving in the stippling to

if you had put up a pic of it before id of bought the rods and sent them down for you mate .

I like the stock extension on the back as well

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: