Has anyone seen a homebred dog better a big name coursing dog?

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Did you buy your jukel from a traveller? ?

Where else?

4 minutes ago, poxon said:

I believe you fella ??Was that the 20 out of 20 dog called mad dog ? 

That's the one mate, hell of a dog 8 nights a week we were out

GUARANTEED

Edited by stormyboy
  • Haha 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's where it all began, so in a way that's a step or two backwards where coursing dogs are concerned, however I don't see that as a bad thing at all, this dog produced some top class dogs in the si

big name dogs, usualy have owners who want to be famous, any purpose bred coursing dog will carry big name blood, and if said dog can catch 3, 4, or even 5 hares it can win a match , against any one.

Guaranteed 3out3 daytime bitch done a few 5s some 7s deerhoundgreyxbedxgrey 27 inch rhfd homebreed 1980   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Catty shooting I would think holding off while he takes shot  my current bitch works in these manners takes stuff waits on inf told it's about getting out early doors continious experience and training while in the field sounds like  that bitch of bear foots was excellent bar none.atb bill

Give me a good sensible dog that knows the catapult over a killer of scabbies anyday lol

• Like 1

The dogs I have now are now ware ever as good as that thing ?be like comparing messy to peli the is no other dog that live up to the saluki x the traveller bitch proved that ?enjoy yr day lads try not to get to worked up it's only lurchers 

13 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

The dogs I have now are now ware ever as good as that thing ?be like comparing messy to peli the is no other dog that live up to the saluki x the traveller bitch proved that ?enjoy yr day lads try not to get to worked up it's only lurchers 

Go on then, fcuk off you boring cnut!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I like post like this because all the dreamers can come out the wood work and tell a load of bull shit story that didn’t happen for a audience that can’t be proven wrong ??cracks me up same people will tell you they know a good dog but don’t have a dog there saying about that is good as the dog that’s long gone ironic that or they would be speaking of the dog they have now ??‍♂️  people are gullible i for one don’t buy in to old legends as legends are amplified buy talk a normal dog can be made a legend by being talked up 

its human nature to exaggerate, but stories of old can also be true, in the fifty years I have run saluki blooded dogs only, and have had good bad and a lot in between,, I don't lie, you get found out,,, I don't talk about how good a current running dog may or may not be, that's not my style, I hear with interest all the stories of this cross and that cross regularly doing 3s , and wonder how they would perform on big land in jan ,I don't doubt these claims at all ,I saw a lab cross do it often enough in the seventy's, but you would get through some dogs to find another, same with all the non saluki lurchers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The straw bitch never even belonged to me she was my mates the  other bitch I spoke of was out wee Bob dog fa longtown people jump in ?I've never owned anything as good as them two I wish got to love this place though I no a real good dog when I see one that's the difference ?enjoy 

I,ve never owned a runner that I,ve even known what cross it was, and today as everything is illegal anyway they are just walking companions, it wasn’t the dogs that were great as much as the time and place, loads more game = loads more hunters= loads more captures which = loads more story’s to be told over the years,  no mobile phones no police helicopters and no one having dogs and cars taken off them, I wouldn’t even know were to go and see a 100 hares today let alone capture a 100 ✌️

3 hours ago, joe ox said:

Bill he talks a load of shit its plain to see in most of his posts, no dog is guaranteed to kill everything. 

Bullshit! My dog is guaranteed to kill everything to do with being in a good mood ?

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,ve never owned a runner that I,ve even known what cross it was, and today as everything is illegal anyway they are just walking companions, it wasn’t the dogs that were great as much as the time and place, loads more game = loads more hunters= loads more captures which = loads more story’s to be told over the years,  no mobile phones no police helicopters and no one having dogs and cars taken off them, I wouldn’t even know were to go and see a 100 hares today let alone capture a 100 ✌️

There was definitely more game about 30-40 years ago, but I'd say there were far fewer running dog owners

15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

There was definitely more game about 30-40 years ago, but I'd say there were far fewer running dog owners

Do you recon, I would agree with the amount of game and maybe it’s reflective of were  we grew up, but every man child and woman had working dogs on the estate I grew up on and most did work them to some degree, The only runners I see round today are not even allowed off the lead and if they do get a slip they just keep going never to be seen again ??