Hi folks 

Can anyone tell me if certain pellets will make a magazine jam? 

I tried JSB exact diabolo 4.53 in my 177 Scorpion SE today, after them being recommended for my rifle. However after jamming two magazines on two separate occasions, I decided not to bother with them, and went back to testing other pellets for probably 200+ shots without a problem. 

Is this just coincidence it happened both times on the JSB's or could it be the pellets? 

Cheers, Mark. 

jsb are nice pellets . they are soft lead . in rapid 7 mags when used the skirts of jsb pellets get damaged one can weaken the spring tension  in the mag to stop this . you may have a similar problem (  I dont know how the bsa mag works I have never seen one in real life ) . or you may be damaging the pellets when loading the mag . Also 4.53 is a larger diamiter than 4.51 this may be the problem ????? .   some pellets work better in different mags I have found .

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Is it the new type bsa mag or the old type?

My mate had an old type that used to jam up... but on AA fields

the AA pellets are almost the same pellets as the jsbs , same weight , made by the same people , same lead one would think , out side shape looks the same just a little bit of a different shape in side the back of the pellet .

Edited by barrywhite
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Same as?

I slackened the spring tension off and it’s never done it since ?

• Like 1

Thank you everyone ?... I'll probably be using the single shot adapter a lot of the time anyway but I'd like to know that my mags will cycle properly when I want them too. 

Thanks again guys. 

Mark. 

20 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Pretty sure it's the new type, it's a new gun? 

Cos there proper soft and gay. I’ve got a tin of Exacts for me HM and I counted 167 pellets where the skirts damaged in the tin. Thrashed um on Instagram with a picture and ‘is this a joke?!’ and got sent three tins ?

Great pellet. Super in the right barrel, just to fragile, but I guess that’s why a barrel would be of favour perhaps. 

I see members have mentioned the AA being born under the same roof, and that’s true, but the QC of the AA lead seems to be watched far more closely. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Iv had three scorpions one in 22 and two in 177

and im a massive fan of jsb pellets and never had a problem with them but i do use 4,52 in 177 and 5,52 in 22

None of my rifles iv had like any other size and not just bsa

i will not even look at 51

try them out in 4,52

if i had some id send you some to try .

hope you get it sorted

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Iv had three scorpions one in 22 and two in 177

and im a massive fan of jsb pellets and never had a problem with them but i do use 4,52 in 177 and 5,52 in 22

None of my rifles iv had like any other size and not just bsa

i will not even look at 51

try them out in 4,52

if i had some id send you some to try .

hope you get it sorted

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi mate, thanks for that. I actually have a tin of 4.52's lying around somewhere that I bought for a different gun somewhere along the line I think. Even though I'm using the single shot loader now almost exclusively now anyway, I'd still like to know that my mags and pellets will cycle without problem if I'm hunting. 

I'll give the 52's a go when I get a chance. Cheers buddy ?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, maha87 said:

Hi mate, thanks for that. I actually have a tin of 4.52's lying around somewhere that I bought for a different gun somewhere along the line I think. Even though I'm using the single shot loader now almost exclusively now anyway, I'd still like to know that my mags and pellets will cycle without problem if I'm hunting. 

I'll give the 52's a go when I get a chance. Cheers buddy ?

Let me know how you get on bud

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: