Ration packs!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I take my chub fishing stove and kettle every where with me......I enjoy a nice cup of tea?no weight to it at all,neoprene cover for when it's cold...30 notes from local tackle shop,gas bottles 4 quid

that kazak bird ....bet she looked like Borats sister ....

That's still got me laughing, even if we could get a delivery they'd need a drone ? Here's some of the 56000 acres of the estate I shoot ?  

Posted Images

Austin Powers more like ???

It's a lot easier to pull international girls here, in an international city ;)

She had a strange beauty about her that's for sure ???

But she had to go mate... fuucking nuts! 

• Haha 1

Ration packs >>>??

Ray Mears don't take ration packs with him.  Two jiffies and he has a delicious hot three course banquet ready to eat. all supplied by the local branch of McDonalds. ?

If it takes a day to get out through the heavy stuff and stalk and you can't take food with you how the hell are you going to get the kill out ?  They didn't have army ration packs years ago.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, king said:

This is my favourite borat song ??

That is wrong as can be but hilarious he got them all singing the chorus ???

Anyway back to the food issue: Another thing I take, when I'm out and about is the packs of Chinese noodles or similar. Light, easy to make, plenty of carbs for energy etc. I usually just add a bit of beef jerky and some veggies (onion, celery, carrot etc). Keep you going until you can cook a proper meal ;)

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Somebody’s missus has got on the computer ??

In one, and isn't she just bloody hilarious? Had neighbour at the door and walked away, I really should know better!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Ration packs >>>??

Ray Mears don't take ration packs with him.  Two jiffies and he has a delicious hot three course banquet ready to eat. all supplied by the local branch of McDonalds. ?

If it takes a day to get out through the heavy stuff and stalk and you can't take food with you how the hell are you going to get the kill out ?  They didn't have army ration packs years ago.

Thats why we take nearly empty back packs ? all I'm saying though is they are handy, but not worth the money now, when my son and daughter were in the military i'd get them free.

There's also nothing to make a decent fire with out there too, just heather which is grand in a kelly but not much else, the peats too wet to burn and we have no trees here. Just hole up in a shieling over night and make the best of what there is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Thats why we take nearly empty back packs ? all I'm saying though is they are handy, but not worth the money now, when my son and daughter were in the military i'd get them free.

There's also nothing to make a decent fire with out there too, just heather which is grand in a kelly but not much else, the peats too wet to burn and we have no trees here. Just hole up in a shieling over night and make the best of what there is.

Have you thought about sorting some of the peat out? So you can burn it in the future, when you need it.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Have you thought about sorting some of the peat out? So you can burn it in the future, when you need it.

I've cut tons for the stove, I don't really wanna be cutting more and leaving random piles around, its bloody hard work opening new banks and a proper pain, turfing, cutting, cruachs, its a two man job and about 6 visits out to get it right for burning. Spade and a tairsgear would be a pain carrying for a while too. Its just not practical.

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

you get pot noodles up that way gav?

boil some water..4 mins ,munch on?

Aye but the rat packs ya can eat cold, just the variety I liked, tear and go, you don't even need a spoon ?

Think I'll experiment with the vac packer. I ain't paying the price now for the convineance, it's only couple of times a year anyways.