My new Tikka varmint stainless

Picked up the  Tikka yesterday evening from the RFD . I put my old Schmidt & Bender 8x56 on with Warne mounts on this morning . I also got the Atec sound mod . I had some old factory rounds knocking around so I got the target set up and got it zeroed. Surprisingly the Federal 70grain Noslers grouped the best with a half inch group at 100meters . I was only shooting off a feed bag off the back of the mule , so that can be improved on I’m sure . I’m going to start off reloading 70grain noslers with reloader  19 with nosler brass . I will let you know how my first reloads go . 

DEA01961-4EA1-40C2-9BD2-C57BFFCB4BD7.jpeg

1B5615E4-14DC-4979-8E73-CB6E3E620EFC.jpeg

• Like 7

Top choices sir.

It does not surprise me how accurate it is at all and I bet it was not far off a centered scope too!

If the trigger is a touch to heavy you just need to change the spring under the adjuster, that will give a lighter range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking bit of kit, I've the A-tec Hertz on my .308, very light huh. Mine gets really hot after just a few rounds but I guess that means its doing its job, give it a good airing whilst your out, the stink of ammonia is horrendous ?

• Like 1

Cheers lads . Nothing beats a new Toy . I’m looking forward to using it . I’m going to put a bi- pod on it I think . I had toyed with the idea of using bags. A keeper I know swears by them . But I like a bi-pod . I hadn’t used my old .243 for so long I’d forgotten what a good bit of glass my old Schmidt is . Well .... no excuses when I miss now !!!