Anybody losing their love for the game?

8 minutes ago, milliken said:

definitely no hindrance it keeps me sane no better feeling than watching your own hounds working hard across open ground then marking to ground makes all them early mornings and late nights worth it

That’s what keeps us all going watching the dogs work that’s why we do it ?

• Like 3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds du

I love the mouching game,...alongside my Wife,..it is my life...?

No the ban will never be over turned but it doesn't have to stop you doing something you have always done just don't get caught 

Posted Images

the ban has never meant much to me. I only really keep little rabbit dogs. I used to lamp and had dogs that could take a few hares lamping. they weren't hare dogs by any means. never had time for organised meets either. now dogs that can find there hare in the daytime, put it up and catch it on its own ground that is a thing of beauty and a true sport. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, fred90 said:

the ban has never meant much to me. I only really keep little rabbit dogs. I used to lamp and had dogs that could take a few hares lamping. they weren't hare dogs by any means. never had time for organised meets either. now dogs that can find there hare in the daytime, put it up and catch it on its own ground that is a thing of beauty and a true sport. 

Soup d,jour moname 

As the French say

On 29 July 2019 at 19:21, fred90 said:

And kill em in there natural environment woodland forestry  his top mooching,nowt like lifting one ranking it catching it out a sight and fa a good half mile retrieve .atb bill

• Like 1

Not as obsessed as i was  but still enjoy getting out with the dogs get a buzz watching them pick up a scent and working it out. Of all the interests i have had that have come and gone running dogs are the only one that have been constant throughout my life   

• Like 4

I found the desire for the kill has diminished, my dogs were primarily lamp dogs and working with the terriers. All about catching as much as possible. I enjoy mooching more these days, watching the whippet hunt up and find. The kill is secondary. 

• Like 7

After bieng out every night exercise dogs before bed,and winter atleast 4 nights a week proper lamping,for 20yrs im starting to tire,did,nt help losing 3 young dogs along the way.im fighting with it tbh,my ole dog heres 10,still great but when hes gone i reckon im done.pet dashund for the kids,me well i will stare memersised into the wood burner dreaming of lamping.

• Like 3