Anybody losing their love for the game?

16 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Not difficult keeping dogs and working full time... I don’t think so anyway ??

to me its a full time job but then again I've a pack of hounds up exercising at 530 washing out and so on then feeding and quick walk in evening then there is the hassle of sorting the days out out

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds du

I love the mouching game,...alongside my Wife,..it is my life...?

No the ban will never be over turned but it doesn't have to stop you doing something you have always done just don't get caught 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, milliken said:

to me its a full time job but then again I've a pack of hounds up exercising at 530 washing out and so on then feeding and quick walk in evening then there is the hassle of sorting the days out out

That’s you lol man above said a running dog!!! ?‍♂️? if it’s a hindrance stop it simple as that ??

If it’s really your passion then you’ll have dogs regardless of what obstacles are in the way. Whether it be missus, kids, work etc etc. 

The comment above about guns not needing walking, feeding etc is what really makes me dislike the gun crowd’s mentality, there’s no effort or dedication involved when compared to what genuine dog lads put in day to day.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, milliken said:

Smart hounds bet it's good watching them work n range what do you feed them pal

35 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

If it’s really your passion then you’ll have dogs regardless of what obstacles are in the way. Whether it be missus, kids, work etc etc. 

The comment above about guns not needing walking, feeding etc is what really makes me dislike the gun crowd’s mentality, there’s no effort or dedication involved when compared to what genuine dog lads put in day to day.

I had lurchers /dogs for years but now I’m on my own and going to be looking at renting it’s easier to have a airgun . 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I had lurchers /dogs for years but now I’m on my own and going to be looking at renting it’s easier to have a airgun . 

Sorry mate I wasn’t having a personal dig at you, just at the general gun type men that lift the gun out the cabinet now and then and go and obliterate whatever they can.

Another thing I hate is the saying ‘If you shoot a fox then 2 will come to it’s funeral’ which is a regular one I’ve heard from rifle men to somehow justify the numbers they shoot. 

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Sorry mate I wasn’t having a personal dig at you, just at the general gun type men that lift the gun out the cabinet now and then and go and obliterate whatever they can.

Another thing I hate is the saying ‘If you shoot a fox then 2 will come to it’s funeral’ which is a regular one I’ve heard from rifle men to somehow justify the numbers they shoot. 

Yeah don’t worry about it , When I retire I’d get another dog depending on living circumstances, either a whippet or terrier ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I agree mine cost me a marriage a house a few jobs numerous relationships not  being allowed to see my sons home raided dogs seized threats by keepers farmers numerous times umpteen traffic stops a night but theses days I prefer the quiet life but when you try manage a spot by only taking a few bits a week then some c**t with nv wipes it all out in a night it makes you think who is the wrongun 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Well I cannot afford to rent a house suitable for kennel and run on my wages and I wouldn’t leave a dog in a flat from maybe 6 or 7 in the morning till 5.30 in the evening .   

Then do right thing and give them up ?? Dunna pretend you can,, hold you head high and tell em..?? You obviously you know your limits stick to them you’ll not go far wrong my friend,,,, and one day fingers crossed you’ll bounce bk ???? At least I hope you do? Never like see a man down hats off you hope long run works... god be with you ?

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I agree mine cost me a marriage a house a few jobs numerous relationships not  being allowed to see my sons home raided dogs seized threats by keepers farmers numerous times umpteen traffic stops a night but theses days I prefer the quiet life but when you try manage a spot by only taking a few bits a week then some c**t with nv wipes it all out in a night it makes you think who is the wrongun 

they seem to be year round hunters as well. look at recent posts big bags of rabbits then come September they can't understand why there is nothing about. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Well I cannot afford to rent a house suitable for kennel and run on my wages and I wouldn’t leave a dog in a flat from maybe 6 or 7 in the morning till 5.30 in the evening .   

I hope you all the best my friend.... if you need help pm me I’ll be happy to help ?? I’m sure we could work it out ??????????

8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

When you look at it like that, you’ve got to ask yourself, why do we do it??

• Haha 1