Anybody losing their love for the game?

6 minutes ago, milliken said:

but most people do when police and helicopter are looking them and wondering why when they have no permission to be there in first place I know a lad from here goes across regularly to a friend of his and never get a problem but that's on permission and not running stuff on sides of motor ways for hundreds of by passers to see

What has that got to do with me?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds du

I love the mouching game,...alongside my Wife,..it is my life...?

No the ban will never be over turned but it doesn't have to stop you doing something you have always done just don't get caught 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, joe ox said:

What has that got to do with me?

no one said its anything to do with you I'm talking in general with people that go on ground without permission then get stop by police its easy avoided

12 minutes ago, milliken said:

no one said its anything to do with you I'm talking in general with people that go on ground without permission then get stop by police its easy avoided

you say its easily avoided?.majority of farmers and land owners are miserable bxxxtards who won't let anyone near there land. they veiw everything with suspicion. it's near impossible to get permission poaching is the only way if you want to go

• Like 5

Run places for a while ended up with permission and never went there again some people care about it more than others personally i think if you try and show abit of respect permission or not it goes a long way.

• Like 4

lost some of my love for the game after being tucked up by so called mates.....losing my last terrier litter,followed by 9 lurcher pups and my bitch getting spayed behind my back.....but can honesty say....nothing, no ban,will ever stop me doing what's in my DNA....you just got to dust yourself off and  diversify ??

• Like 8
On 25/07/2019 at 20:40, Jobi said:

Since the banning of Hare coursing my love for the Lurcher game as been slowly waning. Talk of good rabbiting dogs don't really do it for me if I'm being honest. Does anyone think the ban will ever get overturned? 

What ban ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

you say its easily avoided?.majority of farmers and land owners are miserable bxxxtards who won't let anyone near there land. they veiw everything with suspicion. it's near impossible to get permission poaching is the only way if you want to go

I don't know what area your from but I've never had a problem gaining permission be it when I've kept running dogs coursing lamping and so on now I keep terriers and a pack of foxhound so need permission now more than ever it all about the way you approach the land owner and the way you present your self and yes what you wear I know it sound silly but first impressions are everything your not gonna let a foul mouthed chav cut your grass if he asked but if a well mannered fella well presented approach you then you may well think about it

Edited by milliken
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, milliken said:

I don't know what area your from but I've never had a problem gaining permission be it when I've kept running dogs coursing lamping and so on now I keep terriers and a pack of foxhound so need permission now more than ever it all about the way you approach the land owner the you present your self and yes what you wear I know it sound silly but first impressions are everything your not gonna let a foul mouthed chav cut your grass if he asked but if a well mannered fella well presented approach you then you may well think about it

I don't know we're abouts you are but regardless of how well your dressed unless your introduced to the farmer or can offer top money  you ain't getting permission round here as most is took by shooting and the sight of a lurcher sends them in melt down and anyone that says they have never fenced hopped or walk land without permission I would take with a pinch of salt 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I don't know we're abouts you are but regardless of how well your dressed unless your introduced to the farmer or can offer top money  you ain't getting permission round here as most is took by shooting and the sight of a lurcher sends them in melt down and anyone that says they have never fenced hopped or walk land without permission I would take with a pinch of salt 

I do a few shoots myself the same applies speak to the shoot committee offer to help out on shoot day or give a hand when fixing pens and so on trust goes a long and once they know your the right sort and will vouch for you when you approach other farmers or shoot just don't f**k it up cause bad news travels faster then good news

• Like 1
1 hour ago, milliken said:

I don't know what area your from but I've never had a problem gaining permission be it when I've kept running dogs coursing lamping and so on now I keep terriers and a pack of foxhound so need permission now more than ever it all about the way you approach the land owner and the way you present your self and yes what you wear I know it sound silly but first impressions are everything your not gonna let a foul mouthed chav cut your grass if he asked but if a well mannered fella well presented approach you then you may well think about it

you could have a degree from Cambridge and elecution lessons from Mrs bucket but it's like feudal times here. it's always been them and us and that will never change. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, fred90 said:

you could have a degree from Cambridge and elecution lessons from Mrs bucket but it's like feudal times here. it's always been them and us and that will never change. 

all you can do is try mate if all eles fails apart from moving to another part the country then just keep doing as you are just keep putting stuff in front the dogs and try your best not to get caught and if you do just make some excuse be polite and you never know

Just now, milliken said:

all you can do is try mate if all eles fails apart from moving to another part the country then just keep doing as you are just keep putting stuff in front the dogs and try your best not to get caught and if you do just make some excuse be polite and you never know

that's what I do. these days I only have 1 dog and it's mainly mooching about single Jill inside coat and 8 or 9 nets ferreting where dog marks. if rabbit numbers aren't bad I like a few drops longnetting which is a lot more discreet. 

I've asked in loads of farms for permission and  the very few that said yes are loaded with shooters with night vision on and all that so not much about but there are a fair few places I go well out the way and I get by fine also public land I go alot never had any problems on any public land