Unwanted phone call misery

Cancelled my landline today . All I seemed to get was call centres ( Indian mostly ) ringing me up wanting to do a survey or sell me something. I’ve tried caller preference but that doesn’t work , I’ve also tried a good old bit of Anglo Saxon swear words , that just seems to get them going . I’ve tried asking them if they enjoy their job ? Bothering people who are minding their own business at home . Nothing will stop them , so that’s it , gone . Anyone got a solution to these annoying c@nts ? Or is this the end of the landline ? 

Same here I have had my land line phone unplugged for years due to constant calls from those who you describe also they would call in the day waking the wife up who would be sleeping after working 12 hour night shifts it just pisses me off I still have to pay for line rental as the internet comes through the landline.

We have competitions in this house to see who can keep them on the line the longest or wind them up to put the phone down first, it used to be annoying but now its great fun, we've not had any in ages now though, I think they're onto us ?

1 minute ago, sid g said:

latest I get is a recorded message from NatWest telling me my bank accounts been robbed of 600 quid and press 1 .. started getting shit calls on my mobile now so not sure what the answer is -- I just have some fun with it .

I honestly get more on my mobile than landline, they hang up or its a prerecorded message saying I've been in an accident, if the numbers not in my phone book I just reject them now.

1 minute ago, sid g said:

latest I get is a recorded message from NatWest telling me my bank accounts been robbed of 600 quid and press 1 .. started getting shit calls on my mobile now so not sure what the answer is -- I just have some fun with it .

I never answer if I don't recognise the number. If the person on the other end matters to me they'll leave a message

• Like 2

Got rid of my landline about a year ago because I never used it but it would still ring everyday even though nobody knew the number . Still get them on my mobile but I don’t answer withheld numbers or numbers I don’t know and just block them as they ring 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, sid g said:

I get pakis ring me john , ann, and the best I had was norman ... fooking norman told him he needed a new name like bill or fred ..

Patrick was our best lol. Haven't had a landline for nearly 5 years, never missed it tbh.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I still get them on my mobile, problem is , I sell stuff on eBay so I answer the calls . The latest and most frequent is the pre recorded ones on about an accident I haven’t had . I thought I was a patient and relaxed/ laid back guy ...... I now realise what a short fuse I’ve got . “Fuuuuuuuck ooooofffff” is my usual reply . 

• Haha 1
Just now, shovel leaner said:

I still get them on my mobile, problem is , I sell stuff on eBay so I answer the calls . The latest and most frequent is the pre recorded ones on about an accident I haven’t had . I thought I was a patient and relaxed/ laid back guy ...... I now realise what a short fuse I’ve got . “Fuuuuuuuck ooooofffff” is my usual reply . 

Answer yes to the prerecorded message then when you get a person on the phone ask to be took off there calling list 

1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Patrick was our best lol. Haven't had a landline for nearly 5 years, never missed it tbh.

Cheers, D.

I’ve had a Patrick and a Shaun . I sometimes ask them their real name , and then when they aren’t truthful, I play the guessing game , “Mohammed “ ?, “ Abdul “? , “Ranjit? “ ,” Akbar”?

2 minutes ago, Chid said:

Answer yes to the prerecorded message then when you get a person on the phone ask to be took off there calling list 

I don't think they care to be honest, I was told by a BT engineer the silent ones that hang up are just computers ringing random numbers for live lines, they then sell them on to anyone who wants to pay for bulk numbers for scammers or marketeers.

when i used to get random calls all the time i played how long can i keep them on the line 

then we got sky go they got to say who is calling i press 1 to accept the call  2  not too and 3 to block that number 

we never get a random call now in fact its a bit of a shock when the house phone rings now 

Used to get "it's about your window's" what I cleaned them yesterday " No no your windows computer" fake panic wind them for as long as you can, some "who owns the computer" my Dad. Line goes dead. Or thats funny I've a Mac line goes Dead. Or I curse you and by this time tomorrow thing will start to go bad. Line goes dead.

I must find out what the paki dentist said to a cold caller, apparently it's the biggest insult you can give them, involves slagging their mother but it's pacific. But they get the message right away.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1