lee duffy of borough

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly 15 years ago , in a piss hole gym in East Yorkshire I lined up with about 40 other recruits for a streaming run.    I was pretty confident winning it but as I approached the last big

F**k all that hard man crap, all the money in the world can’t buy this...

At the end of the day, it’s all well and good us lot talking of these people as if they are some sort of hero. But look how they ended up, one died young and the other ended up a penniless pisshead in

Posted Images

jesus ..im worried about some of you lot.....lol

yeh swiss tony.....im sure swiss tony is modelled on on that denis flint fella....soon as I sore him brought a smile to my face

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

believe it or not ive had petrol thrown on me by an ex girlfriend.....who had a lighter in her hand.....I can tell you my arse was squeeking .....

It certainly grabs people’s attention ! Lol 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nearly 15 years ago , in a piss hole gym in East Yorkshire I lined up with about 40 other recruits for a streaming run. 

I was pretty confident winning it but as I approached the last big straight I couldn’t shake this one lad from the course in front of me and he opened his cadence and went past me . 

I was second. I didn’t beat him again for at least another year at anything running wise. 

That was the first time I met him. 

A little square shaped fat lad with issued jam jar glasses and that thick as mince east Yorkshire “bah tat “ accent. 

“Going airborne ?” He asked at the end of the run as we walked back to the block. 

He was 18 when I met him, 14 weeks later when he marched out to get his best recruit and best fitness award , a giggle went around the audience as this awkward, glasses wearing teenager made his way in silence to collect them.  

None of us laughed , we knew what lay underneath that comedy exterior , his gags, his quick words , his easy mannerisms and laid back attitude was tailor made to be the natural leader of his syndicate. Little square head wasn’t some dosser from a council estate anymore , he was probably the best recruit the army has had that year 

No one came to his pass off , his brother was in jail , his mam was busy and his dad was drunk. 

That’s probably what gave him the drive like I’ve seen no other lad of his age possess since. 

We spent the best part of the next three years together , near enough everyday , trade training , pre para ,  p company , arrival at unit and Afghanistan. He did things that aren’t my place to say but he set the standard for the men around him to meet . 

I didn’t see him for a long time after Afghanistan, he fell ill with a tropical disease

6 months after our return home he passed the hardest course the army had to offer. While Ill. 

I sent him a message in 2014 asking him if he was free to come up and be at my wedding . He turned up and snuck away quietly , not saying much or being the big I am. The puppy fat had gone and the glasses , now stood a young man who was more than comfortable with anything the world had to offer. Afraid of nothing but didn’t feel the need to tell anyone  about it. 

Maybe three years ago as I sat in dusty departure lounge in a far flung airport , I heard some English voices in the departures and that rasping stupid laugh. He saw me and smiled. We nodded and he waved off , baseball cap on head , heading to work . 

I haven’t seen him since then but whenever I see a tale or a pic in the paper , I’ll drop him a message seeing if he’s okay. 

A lad who came from nothing , to have the world in his hands by guts and legs and having no quit . 

You can keep your Duffys of this world , my little pal is worth a million of him.

And there you have it.....fantastic brother x

6 hours ago, mackem said:

I was expecting Alan partridge to be his henchman,he certainly looks a character though,always find people that interesting,more to him than meets the eye,there’s always a back-story.

• Thanks 2

I didn't really. read this thread properly just little bits, im not a criminal,all the same I've been around some of the worst and best of what dublin has to offer in that world, and in my honest opinion 99.9 didn't belong in that world they are in, if it wasn't for selling drugs half of them wouldn't have an arse in their pants and wouldn't have a penny if it wasn't drug dealing because they wouldn't have the balls to do anything else,  

Edited by peterhunter86
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I didn't really. read this thread properly just little bits, im not a criminal,all the same I've been around some of the worst and best of what dublin has to offer in that world, and in my honest opinion 99.9 didn't belong in that world they are in, if it wasn't for selling drugs half of them wouldn't have an arse in their pants and wouldn't have a penny if it wasn't drug dealing because they wouldn't have the balls to do anything else,  

I know lads that are physically hard but mentally are weak and from I have seen they have mental health issues I know lads that have been through some shit stay strong when delt some serious bad hands but remain strong and one thing hard men can't fight and beat is age 

• Like 3