Is this a thing of the past working dogs at working mans prices

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s still decent enough lads out there. The people who breed for money will keep breeding because people keep buying the pups. I would never expect a pup for nothing but wouldn’t expect to be ripp

A good working home is worth more than any money 

I remember when the going price was 20-25 quid,sign of the times and inflation.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, two crows said:

my daughter showed me an add on pets for homes, for some coursing pups that seemed very well bred, at 150 each if its right its for nothing.

That's if they're bred that way of course. 

54 minutes ago, two crows said:

my daughter showed me an add on pets for homes, for some coursing pups that seemed very well bred, at 150 each if its right its for nothing.

they've come down to that price, surely they should go up the older they get

Paid £40 in 1983 for my first terrier as a yout. Nuttle bred thing, feck I wasn't ready for that.?

My recent addition, ready in 4 week is a gifted Beddi/Greyhound x 3/8 5/8 Collie Greyhound. 

I feel if you need to sell a litter of pups now a days, then should the little have been bred? A good breeding should always be wanted not punted, spare pup for sale is fair enough.

Any way there has always and will always be conts out there selling anything with a tail.

59 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Paid £40 in 1983 for my first terrier as a yout. Nuttle bred thing, feck I wasn't ready for that.?

My recent addition, ready in 4 week is a gifted Beddi/Greyhound x 3/8 5/8 Collie Greyhound. 

I feel if you need to sell a litter of pups now a days, then should the little have been bred? A good breeding should always be wanted not punted, spare pup for sale is fair enough.

Any way there has always and will always be conts out there selling anything with a tail.

only because conts with a tail are will to buy them

Edited by fred90

What a man does with his own pups, and what price he places on them is his business...?

Personally, I prefer to gift pups to the right homes,.I don't know if that is right or wrong...?

I just like to pick and choose, the new owners.

Obviously,.shit can happen,..folk are not always what they seem,..but mostly,..it works out alright...:good:

File0791.jpg

• Like 5
On 25/08/2019 at 20:23, Phil Lloyd said:

What a man does with his own pups, and what price he places on them is his business...?

Personally, I prefer to gift pups to the right homes,.I don't know if that is right or wrong...?

I just like to pick and choose, the new owners.

Obviously,.shit can happen,..folk are not always what they seem,..but mostly,..it works out alright...:good:

File0791.jpg

Shit can happen and we don't always make the wisest choices mate... I prefer to look at the man/woman selling me a pup, in the eyes and know they're happy with what they've done.

My current dog (dickhead/cabron)... I know the chap who bred him, isn't the happiest because I assumed I'd be able to slide right in and hunt here with the dog and I haven't been able to... but I know, that he knows, that pup got a good home, with no f***ing about ;)

• Like 1