Is this a thing of the past working dogs at working mans prices

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s still decent enough lads out there. The people who breed for money will keep breeding because people keep buying the pups. I would never expect a pup for nothing but wouldn’t expect to be ripp

A good working home is worth more than any money 

I remember when the going price was 20-25 quid,sign of the times and inflation.

Posted Images

On 24/07/2019 at 14:33, two crows said:

now its funny you say that I like to leave 2 thirds on its only the last inch or two that gets damaged, when I first did it I thought I was wrong but now I am happy with it

flowers 012.JPG

flowers 011.JPG

Peddler ??

the peddlers are the same now as they were at the beggining of the working dog scene your either in it for the money or in it for the dogs.. if your friends with the right lads you wont pay big money if any at all for a dog, things in the past always seem better and a lot of lads seem to look at things through the rose tinted glasses. A lot of the big names in dogs were and still are charging huge fees for pups and stud fees. They were always at it and always will be.

• Like 7
On 26/07/2019 at 13:56, abrasivewheel said:

Here he is the scar on his left thigh is what ended his career basically before it begun . Then add to it a missed heart problem diagnosed approx 2 years later and that was that . Picture is in France were we come every year and picture was from earlier this week . I have learned my lesson and pups from now on .as for price if you factor in over an 8 week period £250 to  £350 is about right . As for lurcher rescue greyhound rescue centres for a dog I would avoid like the plague found out when I went to enquire about a lurcher it's easier to adopt a baby and a lot less hassle free as my dog came from a dog pound they was just glad to see the back of it as I think they only keep them so long never mind they keep them forever they don't.  

20190420_113154.jpg

On 26/07/2019 at 21:14, two crows said:

i was looking at cockers on line and found a chap advertising stud dogs, he had quite a number but what I did not like was that one dog, he had bought in as an 8 week old pup in 2017, the dog is only two and he knew what colours it threw so it been used already, all the dogs were 400 stud fee witch int bad but 2 year old dogs at stud is a joke in my eyes, you would not use a lurcher till he proven work wise 4 /5 seasons spaniels same, that's money grabbing.

I see a lurcher bitch on FB for sale.

3yr old and had two litters already ,

• Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/07/2019 at 16:02, mushroom said:

Sad cnuts, in for a buck.

A lot has been lost in the lurcher world since 2005. It's a fuucking shame!

A very very true quote that 

I remember a lad on hardcore hunting putting up a litter from very proven animals and was asking for 40 quid and the owner being a young lad new to lurchers to give them a decent animal 

not many of that type left now 

also I do kinda get the increase in prices as well 

a night out up the town is 200 quid these days for many 

why shouldn’t some value be placed on a pup to stop the “ ah well it s only a hundred bar , I’ll have one “ mentality ? 

But saying that , the prices and nature of some pet animals is beyond the pale . 1000 quid plus for mongrels that years ago would have been stuck in a bucket indicates the way our mArket is going . 

There was a litter local to me asking for 500 quid , Rottweiler x collie , insane 

• Like 2

Just seen a French bulldog for sale here,

€2000, crazy money. 

And British bull dogs for €2500

Is there actually people out there that would pay that price?.

Atb Sox 

Edited by Sox74
44 minutes ago, Sox74 said:

€2000, crazy money. 

Atb Sox 

Yep, idiots!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Sox74 said:

€2000, crazy money. 

Atb Sox 

17 hours ago, mushroom said:

Yep, idiots!

17 hours ago, Sox74 said:

People just buying into money making machines. 

Once them bitches come into heat they will want to make their money back on them.

Poor dogs is all I can say.

Atb Sox 

Yep, an old mate of mine, who passed away two years ago, bred, showed and judged british bulldogs, was charging £3000 a pup, and had no shortage of buyers

14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, an old mate of mine, who passed away two years ago, bred, showed and judged british bulldogs, was charging £3000 a pup, and had no shortage of buyers

That's some amount of money.

To each their own I suppose, if that's what keep them happy.

It's understandable why people get breeding these type of dogs for money like that.

Not saying that it's right or wrong.

Atb Sox 

20 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A very very true quote that 

I remember a lad on hardcore hunting putting up a litter from very proven animals and was asking for 40 quid and the owner being a young lad new to lurchers to give them a decent animal 

not many of that type left now 

also I do kinda get the increase in prices as well 

a night out up the town is 200 quid these days for many 

why shouldn’t some value be placed on a pup to stop the “ ah well it s only a hundred bar , I’ll have one “ mentality ? 

But saying that , the prices and nature of some pet animals is beyond the pale . 1000 quid plus for mongrels that years ago would have been stuck in a bucket indicates the way our mArket is going . 

There was a litter local to me asking for 500 quid , Rottweiler x collie , insane 

Agreed. What is a working man's price these days anyway? Most got to be earning 350 a week so I think it's fair to charge at least a weeks wages and more for a well bred pup. 

Can never understand this gifting shit. If folk need a pup gifted you ain't working hard enough and need a better paid job imo instead of expecting someone to rear your pup and have his bitch laid up for feck all.

• Like 1