Soon be September and I can get away with actually shooting something purely for the none vegan table in our house.

But with the countryside crawling with folk with extremist veganism you never know when one is going to jump out of some bushes and start asking questions or sodomise you with a vegi sausage!

So for the poor amongst us like me and none of you wanting to contribute to my proposed greenhouse gas emissions from crows study just what is the cheapest option gun wise for hurling steel shot in the general direction of a goose or duck?

SD.

• Haha 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't f*** about do you!

All guns are steel proof according to my rfd. It is only when you start using the high pressure stuff that a problem may arise and or more than half choke.

What, with your advancing years I thought large print would help!! 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Just want to say thank you to Dan.

He made a very kind offer to me today but he lives to far away but I must say how I was very pleased and surprised.

Thanks mate ?

SD.

Always some good folk on here SD ?

• Thanks 1

You mean you want to buy a new steel proof gun for wildfowl? (Your posts are somewhat cryptic at best Bernardo..I said cryptic not vague!) 

I'm torn between using my a612 & steel or buying 50 cartridge of another non toxic variety suitable for my 686.

So I haven't helped you at all!! 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

You mean you want to buy a new steel proof gun for wildfowl? (Your posts are somewhat cryptic at best Bernardo..I said cryptic not vague!) 

I'm torn between using my a612 & steel or buying 50 cartridge of another non toxic variety suitable for my 686.

So I haven't helped you at all!! 

I thought the 686 was steel proof?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

I thought the 686 was steel proof?

All guns are steel proof according to my rfd. It is only when you start using the high pressure stuff that a problem may arise and or more than half choke.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ianm said:

Yep quite right. Standard steel is fine in all nitro proved guns. If you want to use high performance you need to have this symbol on barrel. 

gallery_hero_il_fullxfull.1117258348_r6mx.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Chuffin Eck ?

So I got to buy another gun, blast!

Or get your choke opened up. I use a Berretta extrema 2 for wildfowling with three and a half inch cartridges. The choke is quarter and that is all i have ever needed. Modern steel is quite tight on the pattern. 

11 minutes ago, ianm said:

Or get your choke opened up. I use a Berretta extrema 2 for wildfowling with three and a half inch cartridges. The choke is quarter and that is all i have ever needed. Modern steel is quite tight on the pattern. 

I understand that too.

I will dig the adjustable reamer out and take some measurements.

Thanks for the idea.