What's the best rifle scope for the money

Hey guys, I've combed the internet through trying to find enough info on the scopes for rifles. I've came as far as to conclude that the Bushnell FFP BTR-1 rifle scope is the best one out there in terms of the overall specs, I've read an article about this as well The 10 Best Rifle Scopes of 2019. Any other thoughts or suggestions on this? Thanks!

Here's lots of questions for you.  What cal are you going to put it on?  What range are you going to shoot over.?  What quarry?  What light level are you going to use it in ? (Dusk, dawn, mid day sun ?) Now the big one ..... how deep is your pocket ?  The mark is the quality of the optics at dusk or dawn.  The cheaper ones look fine in bright sunlight but are not so good when the light levels are low.  Until you look though the best world class optics you won't know. But it's the use and the cost that will guide you. I looked through that list and I wouldn't buy any of them. They're all variable power with lots of knobs and dials.  More to go wrong and break. 6 or 8x40 is plenty of magnification and light transference. If it's fixed power the point of aim doesn't move. At the end of the day it's point and shoot. More glass quality for the $ in your case. Still it's your choice and your money.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2

I'd always go back to opticswarehouse, I've always been impressed with they're knowledge and service, they have a massive range and good prices, even the second hand stuff is like new. I'm all set up and happy with what I have, so not in the market for anything new. I've a Walther 4x12x50 on the .22lr, a 3x12x62 nikko stirling on the .17hmr and a nikko stirling 6x24x50 on the .308wmr.

3 hours ago, Meece said:

Here's lots of questions for you.  What cal are you going to put it on?  What range are you going to shoot over.?  What quarry?  What light level are you going to use it in ? (Dusk, dawn, mid day sun ?) Now the big one ..... how deep is your pocket ?  The mark is the quality of the optics at dusk or dawn.  The cheaper ones look fine in bright sunlight but are not so good when the light levels are low.  Until you look though the best world class optics you won't know. But it's the use and the cost that will guide you. I looked through that list and I wouldn't buy any of them. They're all variable power with lots of knobs and dials.  More to go wrong and break. 6 or 8x40 is plenty of magnification and light transference. If it's fixed power the point of aim doesn't move. At the end of the day it's point and shoot. More glass quality for the $ in your case. Still it's your choice and your money.

X 2, saved me typing. 

Horses for courses, and what you can afford. Bushnell scopes are ok in daylight, but they're relatively cheap for a reason. Quite simply, Zeiss, Swaro, Docter, S&B are all expensive for a reason. German optic/glass which is unrivalled. Bushnell isnt anywhere close.

However its its for broad daylight shooting everytime, I guess itd be ok.

Personally I'd wait and buy once.

PS: Check out the Hungarian S&B Klassik. It goes through the same process and QA as its counterpart made in Germany, but much cheaper.

Edited by fireblade_rrw
Edit
  • 5 weeks later...