SEASIDE PLACES TO VISIT N/W OR N/E

Had to  cancel  Rumania  so we shall go Whitby then travel on elsewhere that is similar on either the West coast or North coast, can anyone recommend  a place that has a Quay , Chip shop and Pub  Please.

bonfire night 031.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the NW coast extensively so I'll give you a breakdown, Liverpool to Blackpool is loads of sand and water the the colour of shit then you've got Blackpool which you'll want to avoid and the wate

Other than lincoln city, don't bother. I'm never so glad to get OUT of the countryside and into a city as when I'm driving through the f***ing fenns! And I'd rather drive 5 hours to the south wes

I love Whitby, get to the Magpie Chippy, difficult to beat.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We thinking of going down Lincolnshire way this year, never been that way, might even ooo in an see the infamous skeggy ??

Don't bother Skeggy is a Shite heap  go to Wells on Sea the other side of the Wash , Frenchs  Chip shop on the Harbour is second to non .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seahouses, Bamburgh, Beadnell round Beadnell bay and all the little hamlets sitting right there on the coast. Just off shore you have the Farne Islands ( round which I've dived many a time). Lindisfarne worth a trip. One of the best chippies in the land (excepting Magpie in Whitby as aforementioned) will be found in Seahouses. One of the loveliest theme pubs can be found right alongside the lifeboat station which is another place to see and whilst there chuck a few bob in the collection. Camping facilities, B&B and holiday lets are available. All in all a pretty good place to spend a few well earned days in. Jok.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I love Whitby, get to the Magpie Chippy, difficult to beat.

We have been in the Magpie and also the other one that was featured on TV for my money the other place took it .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

We thinking of going down Lincolnshire way this year, never been that way, might even ooo in an see the infamous skeggy ??

Other than lincoln city, don't bother. I'm never so glad to get OUT of the countryside and into a city as when I'm driving through the f***ing fenns!

And I'd rather drive 5 hours to the south west coast than one to the east!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know the NW coast extensively so I'll give you a breakdown, Liverpool to Blackpool is loads of sand and water the the colour of shit then you've got Blackpool which you'll want to avoid and the waters still the colour of shit. The water clears further north around Cumbria, mainly due to radiation from sellafield but also due to the amount of rainwater going into the sea id imagine. My advice would be to go to Cornwall ?

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
31 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I know the NW coast extensively so I'll give you a breakdown, Liverpool to Blackpool is loads of sand and water the the colour of shit then you've got Blackpool which you'll want to avoid and the waters still the colour of shit. The water clears further north around Cumbria, mainly due to radiation from sellafield but also due to the amount of rainwater going into the sea imagine. My advice would be to go to Cornwall ?

Got enough down here thanks.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1