SEASIDE PLACES TO VISIT N/W OR N/E

On 22/07/2019 at 14:48, W. Katchum said:

We thinking of going down Lincolnshire way this year, never been that way, might even ooo in an see the infamous skeggy ??

try Norfolk katchy, just had a few days at Hunstanton. a mile walk along beach and your into miles of dunes and countryside. 

• Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the NW coast extensively so I'll give you a breakdown, Liverpool to Blackpool is loads of sand and water the the colour of shit then you've got Blackpool which you'll want to avoid and the wate

Other than lincoln city, don't bother. I'm never so glad to get OUT of the countryside and into a city as when I'm driving through the f***ing fenns! And I'd rather drive 5 hours to the south wes

I love Whitby, get to the Magpie Chippy, difficult to beat.

Posted Images

When we younger we used to go to Snettersham , a place called Shepherds  Point  this would have 75 /76 half way down the on the left was a large field running up to a long Wood , between the Wood and the Field was a single row of large Bales of straw about 3 hundred yards long , I drove over the Field because one of the Kids saw some Rabbits running about now I have seen places before Mixi  and after which held a lot of Rabbits  but nothing like this  they went over the Bales in a stream  hundreds of them , the saturation  point for Rabbits is 30 per Acre and to me it looked  to be more , as I said I have been places where there was a lot of Rabbits but not a third of what we saw that Morning . 

On 22/07/2019 at 12:57, micky said:

Had to  cancel  Rumania  so we shall go Whitby then travel on elsewhere that is similar on either the West coast or North coast, can anyone recommend  a place that has a Quay , Chip shop and Pub  Please.

bonfire night 031.jpg

Are you really sure that you want to go on holiday to either ?  what's wrong with Spain or Greece or Turkey or anywhere with clean blue water and something different to do. From the weather forecasts it is either thrashing down with horizontal rain and blowing a Gale.  Still a bloke I used to work with used to go to Scunthorpe every year and another used to go to Pontins in Camber every year.  He only lived half an hour away. His reasoning was that it wasnt far to go and once inside the camp they were all the same and he could go back home to check the mail and water the garden plants. BORING. .. Then there was the couple in the hotel in Majorca who had come to the same hotel for 25 years. Same room, same fortnight but had never been outside the hotel.  They just sat under a parasol and read a book!  They didn't even know where the bus stop was to go into Palma. They might as well saved the holl money and stayed at home.

7 minutes ago, Meece said:

Are you really sure that you want to go on holiday to either ?  what's wrong with Spain or Greece or Turkey or anywhere with clean blue water and something different to do. From the weather forecasts it is either thrashing down with horizontal rain and blowing a Gale.  Still a bloke I used to work with used to go to Scunthorpe every year and another used to go to Pontins in Camber every year.  He only lived half an hour away. His reasoning was that it wasnt far to go and once inside the camp they were all the same and he could go back home to check the mail and water the garden plants. BORING. .. Then there was the couple in the hotel in Majorca who had come to the same hotel for 25 years. Same room, same fortnight but had never been outside the hotel.  They just sat under a parasol and read a book!  They didn't even know where the bus stop was to go into Palma. They might as well saved the holl money and stayed at home.

We go to Spain at least once a year and also else where in Europe this year we were due to Fly out to Romania this Thursday  but my Doctor as advised against it  for the next two Weeks IMG_20190305_0010.jpg.384bf4d91e33c2e2ea56750ab62746e6.jpg

Ah, I see, previous injury caused by terrorist child. But, that's no excuse if your not well you should be at home not cavorting around northern Britain in the rain and wind. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, micky said:

We go to Spain at least once a year and also else where in Europe this year we were due to Fly out to Romania this Thursday  but my Doctor as advised against it  for the next two Weeks IMG_20190305_0010.jpg.384bf4d91e33c2e2ea56750ab62746e6.jpg

Last one lol 

01083A74-D48D-46DF-9A13-FA50492CEA50.png.98f35c8684251a74f088b15ee8f02a91.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 22/07/2019 at 19:04, JDHUNTING said:

I know the NW coast extensively so I'll give you a breakdown, Liverpool to Blackpool is loads of sand and water the the colour of shit then you've got Blackpool which you'll want to avoid and the waters still the colour of shit. The water clears further north around Cumbria, mainly due to radiation from sellafield but also due to the amount of rainwater going into the sea id imagine. My advice would be to go to Cornwall ?

I remember walking home one night around 97-98.. steamin... from Waterfront nightclub (opp Metropole hotel) down to little Bispham. I walked on the beach the whole way, shoes off etc and fuuck me, every footstep I took, was shining brilliant lights. Emanating from my every footstep.... I'm sure Sellafield has effected that far south and probably explains a lot about me ???

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I remember walking home one night around 97-98.. steamin... from Waterfront nightclub (opp Metropole hotel) down to little Bispham. I walked on the beach the whole way, shoes off etc and fuuck me, every footstep I took, was shining brilliant lights. Emanating from my every footstep.... I'm sure Sellafield has effected that far south and probably explains a lot about me ???

Bioluminescence maybe?I have been on small boats when it’s been all round us.

7 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Mush, you were steamin. Your recollection is tarnished. You probably took a taxi and weren't even in Blackpool at the time! :whistling:

I wasn't.... I was inbetween Blackpool and little Bispham... I think it's called nordeck but the radiation has obviously taken its toll on my brain.... (compo claim coming ;) )

?

Edited to add; Norbreck ?‍♂️

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 1