FAC conversion dilemma

My rfd in Scunthorpe quite often has s/h fac air rifles in stock and has an HW100 at the moment although I would totally agree with the comments above regarding the HW not being very good in fac. If you buy a bottle gun you will get a decent shot count, my old Rapid .22 ,28fpe returned approx 55 shots per fill and my Impact .25, 47fpe does around 95 shots per fill.

The range you are talking about is well within the sub 12 power range, I am able to take rabbits in excess of 100mts with my Impact although I don't do so very often (knackered eyes) but an fac is a great middle range gun but I also use mine for close up work as well as it is my 'go to' gun.

Phil

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I bloody well will not , more chance of me turning into a  fcuking gay paki  c**t

Nothing wrong with 177 this was taken out with a hw100 at 72yrds head shot and good night lights out sub 12 i may add

The hw100 does not perform that good at fac levels, my advice would be keep it sub 12, or sell it & buy something more suitable to fac levels

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, philpot said:

My rfd in Scunthorpe quite often has s/h fac air rifles in stock and has an HW100 at the moment although I would totally agree with the comments above regarding the HW not being very good in fac. If you buy a bottle gun you will get a decent shot count, my old Rapid .22 ,28fpe returned approx 55 shots per fill and my Impact .25, 47fpe does around 95 shots per fill.

The range you are talking about is well within the sub 12 power range, I am able to take rabbits in excess of 100mts with my Impact although I don't do so very often (knackered eyes) but an fac is a great middle range gun but I also use mine for close up work as well as it is my 'go to' gun.

Phil

Yes I was talking about bottle gun. Maybe up to 50m so would you think I should go up a calibre to .25 to stabilise?

3 hours ago, Eradic8r said:

Totally agree with you atvbjimmy I'm keeping hw sub 12. Budget is a bit limited, anyone had experience of Falcon FAC?

No but I'd have one and used to know a guy with one who loved it. His was a single shot in .22 I think he had it at 24 ft lbs and swore by it I dunno on shot count tho it was a while ago. 

1 hour ago, tomburras said:

No but I'd have one and used to know a guy with one who loved it. His was a single shot in .22 I think he had it at 24 ft lbs and swore by it I dunno on shot count tho it was a while ago. 

30/35 shots ,and they leak like f**k?

• Like 1

Thanks for all info guys I'm going to think this one out and get back to you with some pics of the result of my questions. Bear with my posts in mean time, I'm unsure of the layout and protocol on this forums. Fantastic so far.

Regards Alan

As a professional pest controller I've never been convinced of the knock down power of .177. I know I know I've opened the can of worms again but that's just me. No-one would snipe with a 50 cal if a 338 Lap Mag was better. Hey it's a free country lol

Seems strange in thinking you need an FAC rifle to take rabbits out to 50yds, my hw100 .177 is chucking out jsb heavies (10.34gr) at 11.5fpe, and at 50yds they pass through on a head shot, even that sometimes feels like overkill...but everyone to their own I suppose...,Good luck mate with whichever path you take....?

1 hour ago, Eradic8r said:

As a professional pest controller I've never been convinced of the knock down power of .177. I know I know I've opened the can of worms again but that's just me. No-one would snipe with a 50 cal if a 338 Lap Mag was better. Hey it's a free country lol

Don't take this as a insult but your knowledge is very low on the capabilities of a air rifle in either sub 12 or fac levels in any calibre, if as you have stated you are a professional pest controller,  what have you actually used in the past to carry out your duties in such a role, or is this whole thread on the forum a wind up.

Well thank you all for my introduction to THL. I am not winding anyone up. I posted some genuine questions including my inexperience to FAC air weapons. I thought that the whole idea of a forum was to exchange knowledge without this kind of elitist judgement.

Excuse me and my career for my failings!

9 minutes ago, Eradic8r said:

Well thank you all for my introduction to THL. I am not winding anyone up. I posted some genuine questions including my inexperience to FAC air weapons. I thought that the whole idea of a forum was to exchange knowledge without this kind of elitist judgement.

Excuse me and my career for my failings!

As I have asked,  what have you being using in your career as a pest controller? What distances are you used to shooting at ?

44 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Seems strange in thinking you need an FAC rifle to take rabbits out to 50yds, my hw100 .177 is chucking out jsb heavies (10.34gr) at 11.5fpe, and at 50yds they pass through on a head shot, even that sometimes feels like overkill...but everyone to their own I suppose...,Good luck mate with whichever path you take....?

What zero are you at with that?

what magnifacation do you use?

and how many mildots hold over are you?

FF

15 hours ago, Eradic8r said:

Totally agree with you atvbjimmy I'm keeping hw sub 12. Budget is a bit limited, anyone had experience of Falcon FAC?

Yes, my .22 FN19 Skeleton is FAC, runs around 26ft lb.

Relatively low shot count by todays standards at 32 before it begins to tail off,  but that does me (and most people) just fine, very accurate and does what I need!

:thumbs:

I might call back to my RFD and check his Falcon out. I'm hoping to bridge my standard sub 12 and my rimmy as I'm not comfortable hitting bunnies at 50m with low ft/lb. Personal preference and more humane.

Thanks Deker

• Like 1