FAC conversion dilemma

I've recently applied for FAC air rifle variation to control rangey rabbits but am a bit unsure whether to have my HW 100 converted or just buy one already FAC.  I'm worried that I'm just de- valuing a good gun but it's one of my favourite to shoot. Any thoughts out there?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I bloody well will not , more chance of me turning into a  fcuking gay paki  c**t

Nothing wrong with 177 this was taken out with a hw100 at 72yrds head shot and good night lights out sub 12 i may add

The hw100 does not perform that good at fac levels, my advice would be keep it sub 12, or sell it & buy something more suitable to fac levels

Posted Images

If you look on gun trader and go through the search options for an air rifle in .22  then filter it to firearm you will see lots of cheap fac airguns for sale. I just had a look there's a logun axor at 30 ftlbs for £150 and a nice looking s410 for only £325. Personally I used an rws excalibure but a fx2000/raider are very similar and superb guns - they can also be found cheap. Fac airguns are cheaper than sub 12 guns in general (for the same gun). 

When you say 'rangey rabbits' what sort of range?. A more powerful rifle brings with it more problems. If it's too powerful your pellets will become unstable in flight , you'll have a straighter trajectory but they won't be accurate. This means you'll have to use a heavier weighted pellet. This heavier weight will bring stabilisation and accuracy back but give you a greater arch in the trajectory of the pellet. Plus with F.A.C. you'll use a lot more air.

• Like 1

I wanted a rifle to fill the gap between my standard air rifle and my rimfire. Range wise 30-50m, quiet but without the backstop restrictions of a bullet. Does that make sense?  It makes sense what Pledgey said now about extra weight to re-stabilise the pellet, something I hadn't considered. No wonder they use so much air, I was hoping for a couple of mags though.

Id keep the hw100 in sub 12

nothing to say the land owner will not ask you to take care of a few ferrals in the barns (once you have tried all scare methods first;))

and fac air would be a no no for that

last thing you want is a roof full of holes

and being kicked off your perm, a sub 12 rifle will all ways be needed at some point

on the perms ,

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1