Specimen perch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the se

Who’s had any nice stripies I’ll start 

A few from the SW

Posted Images

big lob worms were the bait today biggest one I’ve ever had took a six inch roach livebait while after pike old man said it had to a 4pounder he’s fished 40/50 years now and not seen one as big  had plenty 3 &2 pounders we went after barbel today loads on stretch where we went today I’ve tried prawn before never had owt hopeing to nail couple eels on prawn in old quarry pond I fish ? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, delswal said:

Nice fish, looking at the rubbish in that lake, that could easily be a place I call to now and then in Scarbrough 

It’s In Leeds it’s local kids that come up  just seem to  throw everything they can into it and scruffy twats that come fishing and leave there rubbish had dog tangled up in discarded line more than once 

45 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

It’s In Leeds it’s local kids that come up  just seem to  throw everything they can into it and scruffy twats that come fishing and leave there rubbish had dog tangled up in discarded line more than once 

Nice fish! I recognise where you are and used to night fish there years ago. Good luck with your quest for a big stripey. 

• Like 1

Now you guys. Sorry to piss on your chips. Anyone on here who knows Stoney Cove dive centre in Leicestershire knows full well that that, not only are there record perch but also some huge pike. Because there is no fishing allowed, these things have gone to huge sizes. I've dived there for years and met these guys full on and believe me , they are big. Bet the British record is in there. Jok.

• Like 1
On 13/09/2019 at 20:09, jok said:

Now you guys. Sorry to piss on your chips. Anyone on here who knows Stoney Cove dive centre in Leicestershire knows full well that that, not only are there record perch but also some huge pike. Because there is no fishing allowed, these things have gone to huge sizes. I've dived there for years and met these guys full on and believe me , they are big. Bet the British record is in there. Jok.

Think that's the one they let Matt Hayes fish and he had something daft like a dozen 3lbers and two 4lbers in a day or two.

It was on one of his series a couple years back.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Think that's the one they let Matt Hayes fish and he had something daft like a dozen 3lbers and two 4lbers in a day or two.

It was on one of his series a couple years back.

Don't think it was that one now....think it might have been eyebrook reservoir in Leicester?

On 21/07/2019 at 21:08, The Fishlocker said:

I’m jealous. There aren’t many spots round my way that hold decent stripeys. I’m hoping to get myself a specimen this year. Do you find livebaits work best or what?

If it’s not to far to travel the Cotswolds water park is rich with big perch due to the signal crayfish that abound, I know of one pit that’s being kept very quiet that has done several fish over the British record   ??

Edited by Greyman