Specimen perch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the se

Who’s had any nice stripies I’ll start 

A few from the SW

Posted Images

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the secret which I will, he showed me photos of plenty of 2lb fish he's had and one weighing bang on 3lb. I went there yesterday for the first time and landed this 3lb 11oz monster!!! I'm still buzzing from it, and I absolutely smashed my aim of a 2lb fish. Caught on worm using the drop shot method. Had another 5 perch all under 1lb. I fished from 9pm til 11pm so that answers any questions regarding of perch feed on the night lol. 

IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0001.jpg

• Like 16
8 minutes ago, darrren said:

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the secret which I will, he showed me photos of plenty of 2lb fish he's had and one weighing bang on 3lb. I went there yesterday for the first time and landed this 3lb 11oz monster!!! I'm still buzzing from it, and I absolutely smashed my aim of a 2lb fish. Caught on worm using the drop shot method. Had another 5 perch all under 1lb. I fished from 9pm til 11pm so that answers any questions regarding of perch feed on the night lol. 

IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0001.jpg

Christ mate thats a belter, well done.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Fish lake Victoria in Africa they have them over 100lb just a different species hahah 

It is the same with barbel. There are some in Turkey and the Middle-East that run to over 200lb. Imagine the bite you would get from one of those ?

Mind you, the way things are going with non-endemic species it is only a matter of time before some half-wit introduces Nile Perch or Mangar to English rivers.

• Haha 1

Put afew hours in on local canals with the lure rod recently had nothing to shout about but fun trying , they seem shoaled up under barges at the moment , maybe I should be looking to fish rivers for a decent specimen ? Darrens set the bench mark now lol 3.11 oz some fish  well done ?

Had another session on this new spot last night. - 4 temperature, fist proper cold night after weeks of rain. Finger like sausages couldn't even hook a worm by an hour in. Hour and half and had lost 2 small fish and then managed a small one. I noticed that they weren't biting as aggressive as last week when I first tried here so I slowed it right down, rather than bumping the tip I just lifted ently til I felt the lines slack go, then I'd drop it an inch so it slacks, wait a while, lift it taught gefntly then drop it again and then sack, all of a sudden rod tip buckled over and I had this cracker. It looks bigger than my 3lb 11oz but this was 2. 78lb on the scales which is around 2lb 10 oz or 2lb 11oz. This fish could do 4lb easy with a good feed as you can see it's all length and no belly. Here she is. 

IMG-20200117-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200117-WA0008.jpg

IMG_20200118_101545_449.jpg

IMG_20200118_101446_615.jpg

IMG_20200117_235532_127.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1