A wander with the adler .410

Last night I went for a wander with the adler stealth .410 it was a very still, bright and quiet night but very eventful! I saw a few shootings stars,  had a partridge fly into my face, watched a tawny owl try catch a mouse and was watching badgers for a long while some as close as 5 yards - They where not bothered by me at all! I managed to get a video clip of one of the badger's excuse the quality my phone is old....

The adler was brilliant I just need some sort of sight for night use. I managed 5 rabbits but only 3 in the pic I took as I left 2 in the car from 1st lap. I can't wait to get back there.

IMG-20190719-WA0007.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Good arnt they - I been using mine with 18g of 6,'s subsonic I use it to 25 yards. 

What .410 do you use Elchapo?

Biakle 410 fully moderated , I found that no 5 shot eleys are quieter than any other round including sub sonics 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

How much was your 410 ?

Really enjoying my Baikal but it is a bit knocked about!

I used some reloaded 3" with 19g load and some 2&1/2" hull with 11g load and they were noisier!

I was 320 quid firom kirklees guns in huddersfield.  I'd love to reload like you do its something I'll do when I get time. It's as light as a feather I love it. Plastic too so I dont worry about marking it and it folds up small too. When I'm out with it I feel like I've left something behind it's that light its replaced my airgun. I do struggle tho at night a red dot or something would help a lot.

• Like 1

They are so expensive for what they are really. No body wants a single barrel so they are so cheap but put a CNC machined tube on it and the charge a small fortune ....or is it just me!

Anyway, they are good.

I made some cat sneeze loads for in the garden. Quieter than an airgun or there abouts.

Reloading 410 is easy. No real fancy gear needed. Powder though expensive now will last ages. Same for shot.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Very nice sausagedog do you reload with hand tools? I'm looking into it.

Seriously, yes. 

A small metal punch to drift the used primer out.

A piece of all steel tube its end ground sharp to go in the case to drive the new primer in if needed.

Nail varnish to glue loose primers in place if needed.

A 11mm card punch for top cards and both sides of the tissue paper wad.

A roll over crimper for the drill.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, tomburras said:

Cheers elchapo the subs I'm using are as loud than the box of standard 3 inch magnum eleys I had before I dunno how that works out! I'll try find some no.5,'s thanks for that.

My mistake mate there lylvale not eyles sorry 

• Like 1