Construction

I'd like to see the back of it but it's what I know....

Few going at the minute, steel frames and cladding in the main... I think most of us in the building game are having a pretty good time of it at the minute, how long do those at it think its gonna last?

20190717_093647.jpg

20190712_153954.jpg

20190717_093642.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

plenty of work about,pay rates are up ... but finding tidy lads that can do a   full week,not always on the phone,and dont sniff like scarface? are few and far between these days.... get sen

Young lads don’t want graft these days and the ones that turn up spend most of there time on their f***ing phones 

i see apprentices in most trades over here Len,sparks,plumbers the odd chippy....but not on the ground....depends on who you learn from and their work ethics imo these days.....if they not pushed and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

make hay while the suns shines kev ,keep your profits high and your out goings low , they`ll come a time when you say fook this be prepared ;) 

This bubble wont last for ever mate, all my eggs aren't in 1 basket...but it really is mental at the minute in this game, I know theres a few on here in the construction game, wondering if its the same all round...

I'm back on the tools Monday...7 scaffold lifts up, 80ft boom and harness to get some roofing off on a feed store so they can lift some machinery out...off in a day....leave it a week and back on....nice payer....shit job!! Lol

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I'd like to see the back of it but it's what I know....

Few going at the minute, steel frames and cladding in the main... I think most of us in the building game are having a pretty good time of it at the minute, how long do those at it think its gonna last?

20190717_093647.jpg

20190712_153954.jpg

20190717_093642.jpg

Not quite construction but fencing and landscaping do a bit of site work but all that health and safety risk assessments are a ball breaker but it's a feast at the moment hardest part is finding decent lads and I pay better than most 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, sid g said:

I`m helping a mate out 2 days a week running painting jobs he` s fallen into the busy fool category once your in its hard to get out ...

Jumped off the big wheel 18 months ago, best thing I ever did....half the turn over twice the profit...its hard to say no, but you wish you did half the time lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Not quite construction but fencing and landscaping do a bit of site work but all that health and safety risk assessments are a ball breaker but it's a feast at the moment hardest part is finding decent lads and I pay better than most 

Site work ain't like it was mate, the funs gone imo...I wont work for any big main contractors, got some good customers and our own builds to end users/architects...one of the developers we do a lot for has just picked up 2 more big plots wants 33 units done, starting early next year...I don't do as much personally on this part of the business..but my brother who day to day runs it is away for 5 weeks with his mrs (midlife crisis trip I reckon lol)...so its loads of work whilst hes away lol...

I know what you mean with labour, we've probably 4 subbie gangs I know I can rely on, the rest let me down regular...I think it's that busy they don't give a f**k!

Only a few employed now....wouldn't go back to my wage bill a couple of years ago ever!!

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, socks said:

My mate who owns a steel erecting and concreting company is flat out with work ... just upped his work force to 60 guys. 

Its mad mate...I could be back to our old size tomorrow, f**k do I want it though!! Fingers in other pies luckily cause i really don't think this will last more than 2 years...

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

We’re the very same, flat out at the minute and production isn’t meeting demand. 

Great to hear mate, you do similar work don't you?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, sid g said:

did same a few year back cut staff ,vans ,got rid of slow payers , ... mates gone in way to low on a load of lesiure centres all on penalty clauses , cant get the lads for what he priced , hasn't worked repairs into price, hotels booked and the weathers been shite not worked unsociable hours into his price all silly stuff that's been over looked , workers are like kids now days had one Monday crying because his expenses were 12 quid short and he couldn't wait another 4 days for it ffs ..

I cant handle those twats anymore....seriously grip my shit! As soon as they're paid it's in the pub or up their nose and skint again Monday moaning about it...each to their own how you spend your money but my days of subbing the twats is over...

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I cant handle those twats anymore....seriously grip my shit! As soon as they're paid it's in the pub or up their nose and skint again Monday moaning about it...each to their own how you spend your money but my days of subbing the twats is over...

Couple of years ago I used to get some guys from the North East down, accommodation paid, and £1100 in their hand for a five day week, always had to sub them on Mondays when they came down from a weekend back up north. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

You go back into your old company dmd?

No still in the same place len we just do some similar stuff as them. Lads I work for started out there as well then started up on there own should have done the same thing myself as I know the trade inside out but it’s a costly enough business to get up and running. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

No still in the same place len we just do some similar stuff as them. Lads I work for started out there as well then started up on there own should have done the same thing myself as I know the trade inside out but it’s a costly enough business to get up and running. 

It’s the boom times again dmd, there’s people making riches and there’s us making them rich haha

• Like 2