Running salmon

On 23/07/2019 at 09:33, ROM1 said:

What flies you fishing MIK

Small flies fished deep cascades ,willie guns etc the ban special is a favourite of mine a guest had a fish on one today 

it’s Morphie on the North Esk Scotland 

• Like 1

My guests left late afternoon so went for a cast great evenings sport landed 3and lost one great craic on the wee rod and they made the Murray Stewart reel sing 

river came up a bit this morning but still gin clear and plenty fish coming off the tides ...I’ve got a party of very good rods from Northern Ireland I’m sure they will hit a good few fish in these conditions 

0B0443EC-C8FD-4F97-9868-55F018F7A2B7.jpeg

51691372-C977-4A6B-A102-8999CDC23EE5.jpeg

9446B20D-FD19-4800-B4B8-70ED3089756C.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice reel MIK heard nothing but good about MS reels. How do you find the loop rods? I’m fishing a sage method 14ft 9# with a Danielsson reel, and Rio Scandi versi tip line, pumps out a good line though all this grams and grains goes over my head.

• Like 1
On 07/08/2019 at 08:49, ROM1 said:

Nice reel MIK heard nothing but good about MS reels. How do you find the loop rods? I’m fishing a sage method 14ft 9# with a Danielsson reel, and Rio Scandi versi tip line, pumps out a good line though all this grams and grains goes over my head.

They are probably the best salmon reels in the world lots of lads using them on the Alta so that speaks for itself 

I’ve got him on my beat today we have had a decent week 21 fish landed biggest 16 lb but water came up over 7 ft yesterday so it’s unfishable today 

I e got  Rio Scandinavia on my 13ft loop going by whet I’m seeing other rods using it will be the most popular Scandinavia line at the moment 

yes hitching is done on the wee rod with full floater very exciting way of salmon fishing here’s a vid from last year with me and A mgall form Ireland 

• Like 1