RIP Geoff Fletcher (Sowhat)

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

think he was mate....

my first lurcher was off him when I was a kid......beddi..whipp..grey type thing

Cheers tomo. I did my training at Bolsover pit, then went to Markham colliery in 83.can remember the name from back then?

Never met Geoff and only had a couple of yaps on here over the years, but he was someone who I always looked for on here...had some great looking dogs and obviously knew his stuff, I think you can tell a decent sort even over the internet, and he certainly came over as a very decent chap... sad news this...condolences to his family and those that knew him in the real world

RIP Geoff

• Like 2
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

Cheers tomo. I did my training at Bolsover pit, then went to Markham colliery in 83.can remember the name from back then?

he might of been down the pit at one time but came out and was a chimney sweep in later years

Y.I.S Leeview

13 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Sorry to hear about this, I always remember Geoff with his dog Tay competing on the Fieldfare Challenge of 1994

The dog had some engine considering his breeding, and the pace he set, the other dog didn't get a look in on the run up

RIP Geoff

was you there drifter the other dog was gary lea's sergeant, like you say  tay stayed on well enough for what he was mate.

10 minutes ago, two crows said:

was you there drifter the other dog was gary lea's sergeant, like you say  tay stayed on well enough for what he was mate.

No I wasn't there mate,  I remember watching the video

It was a lad for Northumberland that won, think his bitch made the only catch of the event

• Like 1
2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Aye, she produced a canny litter, one of the pups was Hammy's Nancy

Think they were amongst the first of the merlin/eve bred stuff up here

I hear Paul was head gardener at Belsay hall, bet he had a loam

he was a champion leak grower believe it or not, lol (he still may be)

Edited by two crows
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, two crows said:

he was a champion leak grower believe it or not, lol (he still may be)

I know he broke the record for heaviest pot leek

leek growing for the shows is still going on up here, some people put a serious amount of time into it and the dahlias

• Like 1