Oldest dog on thl??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few of you might remember my old bedo/grey x saluki/grey from over the years on here.....she lives at my parents house and comes to mine whenever they go away in the caravan now as she doesn’t like th

Had the old girl put to sleep today  Although I’ve known for a few weeks it was coming it’s still knocked me about more than I thought it would, had her so long she became part of the furniture!

Posted Images

bryn  12 now, apart from arthritis  in his front left wrist, he in not bad shape, he out ever day for couple hours with Buck, and if there anything to run he run with him.  1st pic in his prime  3 year old, 2nd pic  14 months ago  , bit thinner  but not to bad

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

DSCN0792.JPG

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

Had the old girl put to sleep today :cray:

Although I’ve known for a few weeks it was coming it’s still knocked me about more than I thought it would, had her so long she became part of the furniture! Didn’t quite get to 18 but her back legs were going and she was struggling to get up out her bed so she’s at peace now......was a brilliant mooching dog and one that I’ve had many happy miles out and about with.....RIP misty 

006EFBB6-D73F-4782-B286-DE22EFB9AFCE.jpeg.594c48a460367942432ed70f74543a5e.jpeg

Feel for you mate, lost count of the amount I,ve seen off and it never gets easier, have now reached the point in life were my next dog will probably see me off and that’s a milestone I didn’t expect to arrive so quickly  ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Although I’ve known for a few weeks it was coming it’s still knocked me about more than I thought it would, had her so long she became part of the furniture! Didn’t quite get to 18 but her back legs were going and she was struggling to get up out her bed so she’s at peace now......was a brilliant mooching dog and one that I’ve had many happy miles out and about with.....RIP misty 

Always a sad day mate...

Chin up.

RIP..Misty

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

R.I.P. Misty, gutted for you mate.

D.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Lost my old plummer the other week and know how your feeling bud..... .RIP Misty old Lass ..

• Like 2

This crazy bint is now just coming up 15, we never thought she would make five.

Recently we've had the conversation a few times, bad days her back legs give out, regularly incontinence, deaf, and sights going.......

Then like an hour ago she's literally tearing round the field in pitch dark chasing a fox, comes back into the house like a charging rhino! Throwing herself from one sofa to the next, and tearing round the house like a loony ?

So if she doesn't break her neck she gets to escape the needle .

Gawd I will miss the crazy bint when her time comes, even though she's an arsehole.

IMG_20191206_193759.jpg

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

This crazy bint is now just coming up 15, we never thought she would make five.

Recently we've had the conversation a few times, bad days her back legs give out, regularly incontinence, deaf, and sights going.......

Then like an hour ago she's literally tearing round the field in pitch dark chasing a fox, comes back into the house like a charging rhino! Throwing herself from one sofa to the next, and tearing round the house like a loony ?

So if she doesn't break her neck she gets to escape the needle .

Gawd I will miss the crazy bint when her time comes, even though she's an arsehole.

IMG_20191206_193759.jpg

That’s exactly how misty went mate, tough as old boots aren’t they really, it’s horrible to see them get old so quick and even worse there’s nothing you can do about it.....enjoy the rest of her time mate and all the best :thumbs:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Sorry for your loss Stoney.

Dogs are funny things - they do leave a big hole when they're gone. 

Atb :thumbs:

• Like 1