Doesn’t surprise me . The British Game Alliance ( BGA ) is a relatively new organisation that has put together guidelines and best practices for its members, in order to get “our house in order” and show that as an industry shooting can self regulate and doesn’t need government intervention. The shooting industry is massive and it’s largely because of the lack of government regulation that makes it so successful. Basically if you own your land you can do what you like . The fact is that a lot of shoots run alongside farming and agriculture and make farms viable . Maybe if people were prepared to pay more for their food , then landowners wouldn’t be inclined to “diversify “ , because that’s what Margret Thatcher told them to do . 

• Like 3

I think When we start shooting , I will go and hang a brace of pheasant and a brace of partridge on Cwisses gate . Bit better than some crows and a lot tastier. 😉

• Like 1

If this was France they'd park a muck spreader outside his house and say here you go have some back before turning it on

Just now, Baldcoot said:

If this was France they'd park a muck spreader outside his house and say here you go have some back before turning it on

I hope nobody reacts to him this time, look at the free/bad publicity he got over the crows on the gate and the death threats, poo in the post and so on. That kind of behaviour didn't do us any favours.

This will be a lot harder for them than the GL carry on, all the game shooting I know of is on private estates or private farm land, so how are they going to regulate what birds go down and in what numbers, the estates would need to follow some kind of livestock inventory and I’ve no idea how you would regulate what a private syndicate puts down, it seems like they just want our countryside to be devoid of wildlife diversity and they have no idea what the shooting community do for our countryside 

• Like 1

He needs publicity to keep the money rolling in. After all what is he a 2nd rate journalist but clever at spouting lies to the city dwellers who know zero about the Countryside .But will crowdfund chlis coz he tells them straight, banana straight 

• Like 1

WJ is just a more militant branch of the RSPB . They have got a hard on for shooting because we show them up . Waders and all manner of bird life do better on managed shoots than on RSPB reserves . The hypocrites have just released figures that show they killed 598 foxes 1,102 deer , four goats and about 800 crows in a 12 month period. I wonder if they tried “scaring “ any of them first ? 

• Thanks 3

WJ just hate shooting, simple as that imo. Surely Defra realise this. Just like their challenge to the crow GL with regard to the definition of the word “kept” as in kept birds such as pheasants. Seems to me that they’re trying their best to dream up things to campaign against, I don’t know how much credence these challenges will continue to carry, but hopefully they’ll be seen for what they truly are? Mark Avery seems sure that grouse shooting will get stopped. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

Well hope you're all sat down someone called BASC has woken up and have announced a legal challenge to this BS from wild nobheads.Finally doing what they should have done the first time around and maybe this would have been nipped in.the bud at the start 

Screenshot_20190718-205248_Gmail.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stavross said:

This will be a lot harder for them than the GL carry on, all the game shooting I know of is on private estates or private farm land, so how are they going to regulate what birds go down and in what numbers, the estates would need to follow some kind of livestock inventory and I’ve no idea how you would regulate what a private syndicate puts down, it seems like they just want our countryside to be devoid of wildlife diversity and they have no idea what the shooting community do for our countryside 

Not as implausible as you'd think mate. Vast majority of farms are private land. We still have to tag everything thing, record it, record movements& deaths (electronically over 12momths old) & once a year on same date tell them exactly how many head you have on farm. I'm not complaining or saying it's wrong necessarily, just saying it's not unheard of. Obviously I'm a sensible realist so I know pheasant don't stay where you put them like sheep (are supposed to!!) do. But we all know WJ are realists. 

If we got our house in order regarding disposal of shot birds on the big commercial shoots it would certainly help. 

• Like 3