Francie

Safety work shoes/trainers

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

what size are you joe? i get them v12  free from work,nice wide fit👍on my  second pair since Xmas 😂

Size 12 😁

I'm stood 15-16 hours Saturdays ....been wearing the magnum boots wich I found very cumfy from the word go....granted mine aint got toecap but they do them in the range

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

What’s best boots to stop plantar fasciitis?? Suffering with it after fitout in Asda 

Orthotic insoles will probably be better than a boot.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:04, Francie said:

I'm looking to get a new pair, I work indoors so they don't have to be waterproof.

They'll need a steel toe, an i need a real comfy pair as I'm on my feet all day.

Can anyone recommend a pair?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know your job or if employed or self employed but, safety boots are part of PPE. If you are an employee then the employer must provide them. The duty of care. In any line of work in the UK. If you're in construction, the minimum PPE requirements should be stated in the risk assessment/method statement that you produce or sign before starting work. That should include safety footwear.

Toe and mid sole protection mandatory (to all intents and purpose) in the UK, as HSE Guidelines. We also provide boots for our lads with ankle protection even if the PC/Main Contractor does not specify it. Every base covered, so no foot injuries, you would think.

Ultimately though the simple rule of thumb that applies to most things in life, the more you pay the better the quality,  particularly regarding the comfort aspect of boots

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steve66 said:

Sounds about right for warehouse work ebay do some good light trainers can't be doing with boots

TBH mate I have never tried the trainer type those I have looked at have had flat soles with hardly any tread witch I thought would be uncomfortable with walking on a hard concrete floor all shift a workmate recently bought some for £15 off e bay and after a shift he was hobbling about saying they were murder on his feet but I believe they were a narrow fitting .

• Like 1

that's the only problem with buying on line you cant try them on 

22 hours ago, TOMO said:

I'm stood 15-16 hours Saturdays ....been wearing the magnum boots wich I found very cumfy from the word go....granted mine aint got toecap but they do them in the range

hi-tech magnum?used to wear them to school😁romper stomper style🤣

got a pair of dunop safety trainers from sports direct,less than 20 quid,set of gel insoles sorted👍