Hot weather exercise.

Blowing out they were ?

Tbh I don't think you can call that last vid a good example of the breed. It's like saying all coursing bred run the same ?‍♂️

Although I stick by my earlier comment..... whiney, snipey nosed shit bags ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a hot one here today so we went down to the river. Dogs were loving it and got plenty of swimming in. Good exercise for them this time of year. Kids had their weekly bath too.  

Couple of times a week galloping on the beach, couple of runs, free running for a large part   Along with twice a day gallops around the feild with a mooch through the wood keeps em fi

It's a hard life in Devon.     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Busher100 said:

That could possibly be the slowest most boring run I've seen, what attracts you to the galgos sandy as if it's daytime your into the coursing bred dogs we have here make them look poor

I don't think you can judge the hole breed on that them two dogs to be fair busher....some of them other clips are by far better dogs

1 minute ago, Busher100 said:

That could possibly be the slowest most boring run I've seen, what attracts you to the galgos sandy as if it's daytime your into the coursing bred dogs we have here make them look poor

I don't like slow stuff, I've run English more than Spanish and my bitch runssimilar to an up and at em English type. The pup has more pace than her already, but its nice to know there's a bit in the reserve tank?

1 minute ago, sandymere said:

I don't like slow stuff, I've run English more than Spanish and my bitch runssimilar to an up and at em English type. The pup has more pace than her already, but its nice to know there's a bit in the reserve tank?

Might be the heat and hard going ground that makes them look slow be interesting see a video of one running over here is there any vids of them running here?? 

• Like 1

Back to the hot weather exercise =

At this time of year not a lot  keep dogs well watered and shaded evening distance walk across country if they get there selfs a run if it presents its self so be it I get down to a few brooks I change walk routes regularly so I can check land out this time of year is boring as shit with fields full of crops and walking routes over grown 

• Like 3

Its shit this time of year, my dogs are usually glad of the rest at the end of the season. Their chomping at the bit ready to start at the minute and the youngsters acting like wankers testing my patience all made worse as bitchs are in heat, which I shouldn't complain about as its better they are in this time of year rather than mid season.

• Like 4

I'm chomping at the bit myself, looking forward to seeing what the pup does. But more hot stuff on the way so for now I'll stick with the hot weather training ?

IMG_20190720_134551.jpg.11909f6e9ff49bed9b1f0ad75fde5cf0.jpg After all time is ever moving on... 

FB_IMG_1563262443231.jpg.f0a47cb556c0dd5f55b65840a6065fff.jpg

and it'll soon enough be time to be getting them out but until then I'll enjoy the rest of the summer ?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1

i was not gong to comment, but I cant help it, we must remember that the double handed boys are not  trying to catch one, just chase it, because they are proper sportsmen, and us single handed men are only interested in killing every thing that moves, I don't watch the clips any more cos they are crap, the heat don't matter if the dogs are watered proper, and their feet are  good, when I was a lad I ran all year if I could find somewhere short, and dogs were ok, nowadays its to hot or to hard in September and October even if you wanted to have a run to risk the dog, yet they would I am sure cope well enough, speed is only a small part in the makeup of a coursing dog, I have in my time seen one or two ok dogs, and the fastest are seldom the best, imho. do the hares in spain have a breading season or does the climate mean they bread all year.

Dogs are capable of killing all year round. I however take no pleasure in killing babies and milky does. Hard ground increases the risk of injury minor or otherwise, I do not wish to take the risk of shortening any of my dogs career's with injury because of impatience.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, two crows said:

i was not gong to comment, but I cant help it, we must remember that the double handed boys are not  trying to catch one, just chase it, because they are proper sportsmen, and us single handed men are only interested in killing every thing that moves, I don't watch the clips any more cos they are crap, the heat don't matter if the dogs are watered proper, and their feet are  good, when I was a lad I ran all year if I could find somewhere short, and dogs were ok, nowadays its to hot or to hard in September and October even if you wanted to have a run to risk the dog, yet they would I am sure cope well enough, speed is only a small part in the makeup of a coursing dog, I have in my time seen one or two ok dogs, and the fastest are seldom the best, imho. do the hares in spain have a breading season or does the climate mean they bread all year.

My best catch dog was also my fastest dog. I've owned far nicer, but slower lurchers, and their catch rate was nowhere near my old dog's catch rate. But, he wasn't a coursing dog 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Dogs are capable of killing all year round. I however take no pleasure in killing babies and milky does. Hard ground increases the risk of injury minor or otherwise, I do not wish to take the risk of shortening any of my dogs career's with injury because of impatience.

How many hard seasons do you normally get out of dogs joe if ya dont mind me asking ? 

9 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Yes higher fair play 

25 minutes ago, two crows said:

Is what it is crow apparently 

28 minutes ago, two crows said:

Dont really understand that bit about running doubled arnt trying to catch it ? The only time ive ran doubled up in my life is if there is a couple runs about was desperate to get something on a shit night or for things a single dog would find hard to handle. Never heard anyone slip double or single then whinge the dog killed.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, billhardy said:

Or mostly likely to much time inside.atb bill

Same as that silly c**t charles bronson, or whatever his real name is. All these serial jailbirds turn to art. Again, similar effect on the mind as taking too many drugs