Hot weather exercise.

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Always going to be those that beleave there way the best ,I need a knock about mooching juckel so bedy grey suits me for what I do,

I just like seeing a good lurcher no matter the x do the job it bred for .

all the bitching on here puts folk of,and you find its same few people arguing about my dogs better than yours !!!!

I've had a couple of beddy crosses over the years and would agree they make a good lurcher, if I didn't have the galgos at the mo it would likely be the type I'd be after. 

• Like 1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a hot one here today so we went down to the river. Dogs were loving it and got plenty of swimming in. Good exercise for them this time of year. Kids had their weekly bath too.  

Couple of times a week galloping on the beach, couple of runs, free running for a large part   Along with twice a day gallops around the feild with a mooch through the wood keeps em fi

It's a hard life in Devon.     

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I've had a couple of beddy crosses over the years and would agree they make a good lurcher, if I didn't have the galgos at the mo it would likely be the type I'd be after. 

I'm happy with her ,

IMG_0687.JPG

Put a pure sal over one of them galgos and you might end up with a decent dog Sandy ?

I have a bit of prejudice against galgos, there are so many in rescue homes here, that there has to be something wrong with the breed. You don't see half the number of greys or lurchers in rescues homes in Blighty. Here, every single galgo I've seen in the city, is a rescue. Most carry old injuries (limps etc). 

I'm not knocking their ability btw. I just think a full set lurcher or greyhound is a far more durable dog, lurchers more so.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Put a pure sal over one of them galgos and you might end up with a decent dog Sandy ?

I have a bit of prejudice against galgos, there are so many in rescue homes here, that there has to be something wrong with the breed. You don't see half the number of greys or lurchers in rescues homes in Blighty. Here, every single galgo I've seen in the city, is a rescue. Most carry old injuries (limps etc). 

I'm not knocking their ability btw. I just think a full set lurcher or greyhound is a far more durable dog, lurchers more so.

They are hard with galgos, only the best get to breed, anything not up to scratch or injury prone is either knocked on the head or just dumped. Perhaps we could learn a lesson in not breeding from untested stock although without their disregard for the dog's themselves. Have you run yours with any yet? A video would make interesting viewing if you get opportunity, I've seen galgos run in the UK so lurchers in Spain would be good. ?????

Edited by sandymere
50 minutes ago, mushroom said:

How dare you have anything but praise for galgos, its pure blasphemy to suggest lurchers and greyhounds could be better ?

Edited by joe ox
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, joe ox said:

How dare you have anything but praise for galgos, its pure blasphemy to suggest lurchers and greyhounds could be better ?

Never said better, just seemingly more durable. Not knocking the breed as already stated ;)

9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

They are hard with galgos, only the best get to breed, anything not up to scratch or injury prone is either knocked on the head or just dumped. Perhaps we could learn a lesson in not breeding from untested stock although without their disregard for the dog's themselves. Have you run yours with any yet? A video would make interesting viewing if you get opportunity, I've seen galgos run in the UK so lurchers in Spain would be good. ?????

Oooo that was a bite ?

Man I would love to, I just have to find a bugger who will allow it. You think people in UK are breed blind lol. No way do they want a coursing bred wanktard showing their dogs up ??

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Oooo that was a bite ?

Man I would love to, I just have to find a bugger who will allow it. You think people in UK are breed blind lol. No way do they want a coursing bred wanktard showing their dogs up ??

No not meant as a dig, just interested. I don't know anyone Barcelona way to suggest. Perhaps a few pointed posts on Facebook groups might get a bite from locals lol. There must be some about. Stick a few links to English dog's running and some fecker might take the challenge lol. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, white van man said:

Was a hot one here today so we went down to the river. Dogs were loving it and got plenty of swimming in. Good exercise for them this time of year. Kids had their weekly bath too.

1B6AB445-2618-4A71-AD14-85BD892F6FD7.jpeg

5847BF8A-D001-4621-A8E6-72ED9C4C4B21.jpeg

BCBD5D7F-2BC1-4F96-8FC2-B540307FD048.jpeg

great pics 

20 hours ago, white van man said:

Weekly bath?... posh cnut ?

• Haha 2
On 23/07/2019 at 17:03, white van man said:

That's the way to do it...?

Wish I was there...

DSC_6962.JPG

• Like 3