Hot weather exercise.

Just now, two crows said:

I beg your pardon, how then do we know what we are watching, a good dog, or a shit hare, or vice versa.

From watching the dog run regularly. But the inexperienced wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway ??

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a hot one here today so we went down to the river. Dogs were loving it and got plenty of swimming in. Good exercise for them this time of year. Kids had their weekly bath too.  

Couple of times a week galloping on the beach, couple of runs, free running for a large part   Along with twice a day gallops around the feild with a mooch through the wood keeps em fi

It's a hard life in Devon.     

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, C.green said:

From watching the dog run regularly. But the inexperienced wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway ??

I am sure your right my friend, I am ok then thank goodness or I would be thinking I had a good dog for a change, lol

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Galgos, salukis etc predate greyhounds and deerhounds, perhaps it was the other way around lol. 

FB_IMG_1553602082292.jpg.f8895593e216235158066fedb0f0f04f.jpg

galgoespanolblackwirehairLR.jpg.8aa82539eadc433df461a331e0aef5aa.jpg

Could well be, but there's deerhound in many lines of galgo, or like you say, should it be there's galgo in many lines of deerhounds? Lol. 

This warm weather is doing my head in again this year ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, C.green said:

How many hard seasons do you normally get out of dogs joe if ya dont mind me asking ? 

Same as most lurchers mate, from about 7 year old you can start seeing them go down hill, harder to get fit, longer to heal up/recover, more lightly to pick up an injury etc

• Like 1
2 hours ago, C.green said:

Nah ive said to ya before i dont like a dog that overuns stuff i like sommat thats trying to kill rather than waiting for mistakes.

1 hour ago, C.green said:

When you go out regularly and see alot of dogs run and you can actually see whats going on between dog and qaurry i seen alot of dogs especially those that carry loads of saluki they will wait for mistakes kill stuff couple fields from where they was slipped things like that. When youve seen the real good dogs make it look easy these dogs that overun and wait for mistakes just wont cut it for you.

I call dogs that run like that pushers, they push waiting for a fence, easy strike or exhaustion they would rather miss than fully commit...…. I have absolutely no use for and wouldn't give good kennel space to such an animal.

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 2

I was out for a walk other day after work and I noticed the pair of buzzards was out with this yrs young un ,one was jumping up and down and looked to b stamping on something ,I got closer but spooked them so got on with my walk ,on return walk we went through the paddocks were we see the buzzards,

my tink  found a snake that the buzzards had just dined on,all the jumping and stamping was the bird killing the snake ,

i never see this befor,but I'm sure they was teaching young how to survive ,

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I was out for a walk other day after work and I noticed the pair of buzzards was out with this yrs young un ,one was jumping up and down and looked to b stamping on something ,I got closer but spooked them so got on with my walk ,on return walk we went through the paddocks were we see the buzzards,

my tink  found a snake that the buzzards had just dined on,all the jumping and stamping was the bird killing the snake ,

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

looks like  a big old grass snake that?

• Like 2
On 20/07/2019 at 19:21, Moocher71 said:

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

This is the most interesting post on the entire thread!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Tyla said:

6 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Just thout I'd pop the pic up,

we all get the juckels that suit us!!

all the" my dog better than your dog" does my head in !!

evey one to there own ,I have had dogs since I was ten and my family always had pot fillers and my uncul always said the best dog is the one that puts grub on the table and helps feed the family ,don't care what it looks like ,what breed or x as long as it works!!!

we should be happy with what we have ,

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Just thout I'd pop the pic up,

we all get the juckels that suit us!!

all the" my dog better than your dog" does my head in !!

evey one to there own ,I have had dogs since I was ten and my family always had pot fillers and my uncul always said the best dog is the one that puts grub on the table and helps feed the family ,don't care what it looks like ,what breed or x as long as it works!!!

we should be happy with what we have ,

It served it purpose ?got bill away from the Kelpie topic lol by giving him a different type of dog to bitch about lol and ended with some sensible discussion with different views put across without insult?. Sometimes need to bring the bitching to one place as it continues to do. 

At the end of the day it's horses for courses. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
34 minutes ago, sandymere said:

It served it purpose ?got bill away from the Kelpie topic lol by giving him a different type of dog to bitch about lol and ended with some sensible discussion with different views put across without insult?. Sometimes need to bring the bitching to one place as it continues to do. 

At the end of the day it's horses for courses. 

Always going to be those that beleave there way the best ,I need a knock about mooching juckel so bedy grey suits me for what I do,

I just like seeing a good lurcher no matter the x do the job it bred for .

all the bitching on here puts folk of,and you find its same few people arguing about my dogs better than yours !!!!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tyla said:

I think it might be on the wrong thread. Looks like a classic big cat kill to me ?

On 20/07/2019 at 19:21, Moocher71 said:

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

Mooch, are you sure it was buzzards you saw? This warm weather can play tricks on the mind, and that does look like a big cat kill ?

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I think it might be on the wrong thread. Looks like a classic big cat kill to me ?

Mooch, are you sure it was buzzards you saw? This warm weather can play tricks on the mind, and that does look like a big cat kill ?

Yes buzzards ,sorry no big cats ?

• Like 1