shorefishing Spain, what di I need (to know)?

Thinking of having a little jolly, north east Spain.

I fancy having a bit of craic lure fishing & havent got a clue. So.. thinking of using a stillwater rod 2 3/4 test curve, reels already loaded with 15 or 18lb line, have a few lures but could buy some, would I need traces? ?‍♂️

As you can see, basic advice needed. Thanks

Are you coming to Catalunya?

If so;

To go fishing you must request the "recreational fishing license surface" which enables fish to the sea and the free zones of inland waters without death. Fishing in areas controlled fishing should also request a "fishing permit controlled area" for the particular area where you want to go. At sea, in addition, you can get the "collective recreational fishing license" to fish from a boat owner and his companions. For recreational sea fishing underwater must apply for "underwater fishing license." Underwater fishing in inland waters is prohibited.

Taken from the local government website ;)

55 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Are you coming to Catalunya?

If so;

To go fishing you must request the "recreational fishing license surface" which enables fish to the sea and the free zones of inland waters without death. Fishing in areas controlled fishing should also request a "fishing permit controlled area" for the particular area where you want to go. At sea, in addition, you can get the "collective recreational fishing license" to fish from a boat owner and his companions. For recreational sea fishing underwater must apply for "underwater fishing license." Underwater fishing in inland waters is prohibited.

Taken from the local government website ;)

Roses Estartit ends.

15 minutes ago, Waz said:

Roses Estartit ends.

Ah not too far from me mate.

You'll need to get the license. I'll PM you the Gov website link. 

As for techniques etc no idea but the bottom will range from rocky as hell to sandy.

Get yourself round to Cadaqués, not far from Roses and is really nice. There is also a fantastic Argentinian BBQ place near there too ;)

• Like 1

Ill try & get down to Barca at some point too, maybe later in the year. My messenger on here is full, cant seem to empty it. Stick it up on here if possible. Do they do a tourist ticket for a week or so? Only wanna have an afternoon or 2.

D.C. & Katchum cheers also

5 minutes ago, Waz said:

Ill try & get down to Barca at some point too, maybe later in the year. My messenger on here is full, cant seem to empty it. Stick it up on here if possible. Do they do a tourist ticket for a week or so? Only wanna have an afternoon or 2.

D.C. & Katchum cheers also

Was just gonna say empty ya inbox :laugh:

This is the link in English mate. You can apply online. If you need to do it when you arrive here, I can take you to the office and lend a hand ;)

Edited to say; I think they only do an annual license

https://aplicacions.agricultura.gencat.cat/mediamb_sgll_public/AppJava/llicencies/gestioLlicenciesTitular.do?reqCode=prepareLocale

Anything else I can help with, just ask mate.

The Argentinian BBQ 

20160724_182907-1.jpg.a6d824d3bdef935d82b4665a645df778.jpg

This below is what the coastline looks like around that area ;)

20160724_180129.jpg.e99bca67db0d793cae0ae34d4443fd40.jpg20160724_172531.jpg.f1afdb381023a67a2a2cb845288b7418.jpg

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you get to L'Estartit there is a small river just south of there before you get to Torrella Montgris. You can drive to it and alongside it. The river is stuffed full of mullet and whilst I didn't see any, I would think bass too. I'd use small Mepps spinners with the treble hook removed and a short length of line or other link to a single hook and worm or small fish bait. But you do need a licence.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

We were in L'Estartit in February. While I was walking the dog along the river path I stopped for a pee, facing the river. I noticed a  shoal of mullet swimming up the river a few metres from the bank. I was still watching the same shoal five minutes after I'd finished peeing. It seemed to go on for ever. Then, at the waterfall at Torrella Montgris there were mullet feeding above the ledge. They must have leapt the fall or swum up when the river was swollen.

As I said; I didn't see any bass, but I'll bet that in summer they will also be in the estuary.

We are going back in march so I'll have rods and licence with me.