morning lads 

i was looking at a Sako 85 carbon 243 at the  RFD and i was been told that its better than the t3 x

nice gun and very light (as it would be ) has any body got one or used one ive been on u tube and some of the feed back isnt that good 

any help would be greatly recived 

atb 

In all honesty....my mates sako was not better than my T3! Not when comparing the price.

I am limited as to opinion as I have only handled two sako and one T3.

One sako I shot a few rounds out of and one a good friend used extensively with me. My T3 was a better rifle.....in my opinion.

Before I personally would buy a sako I would by a saur if I wanted to payout those amounts.

I know it could open a can of worms but they are just my opinions. Of little value!

• Like 2

A friend of mine went on a tour of the Tikka/Sako factories a few years ago and found out that the barrels for both are from the same production line. The Sako 75 was a good rifle and most would say better than the 85. The T3 is a good accurate workmanlike rifle straight out of the box. The Sako is a little better finished. What i don't like about Sako's is the dovetail mounts. They are Sako specific, therefore reducing your choice, that and the fact that it isn't easy to fit n/v  without using a dovetail to picatinny adapter rail which raises the scope even higher.    

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

In all honesty....my mates sako was not better than my T3! Not when comparing the price.

I am limited as to opinion as I have only handled two sako and one T3.

One sako I shot a few rounds out of and one a good friend used extensively with me. My T3 was a better rifle.....in my opinion.

Before I personally would buy a sako I would by a saur if I wanted to payout those amounts.

I know it could open a can of worms but they are just my opinions. Of little value!

Sausage i don't normally disagree with you but this time i will, just out of my own preferences though.?

I have had two mates that owned Sauer rifles. One in .243 that would not group from day one no matter who shot it or what ammunition was used. It eventually went back to the importer as "not fit for purpose".

The other one was a 308 and had a known problem with the dovetail mounts. When fitted with a scope, the screws holding the mounts on used to pull on the holes. Eventually they stripped the threads and in my mates case the scope fell off whilst shooting in Africa. ?

No i will stick with the Finns for my rifles. I would buy neither a car nor a rifle from a country that lost two world wars.? 

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, ianm said:

Sausage i don't normally disagree with you but this time i will, just out of my own preferences though.?

I have had two mates that owned Sauer rifles. One in .243 that would not group from day one no matter who shot it or what ammunition was used. It eventually went back to the importer as "not fit for purpose".

The other one was a 308 and had a known problem with the dovetail mounts. When fitted with a scope, the screws holding the mounts on used to pull on the holes. Eventually they stripped the threads and in my mates case the scope fell off whilst shooting in Africa. ?

No i will stick with the Finns for my rifles. I would buy neither a car nor a rifle from a country that lost two world wars.? 

Fair enough, well put, good points.

Cz then it is ?

SD ?

• Like 1

Sauer barrels and Mauser are made I believe in the same place as Blaser barrels . I can only go on what I’ve seen , and experienced . A mates under keeper has not long ago got a Sauer 100 keeper package in 223 , it was cloverleafing at 100 meters straight out of the box . Ianm brought up some very good points about the Sako which I didn’t know . I would have said that the counter jockey who was selling the Sako would say that it was better because it is more expensive and better finished , but not more accurate than the Tikka . I don’t know anyone who has had a Sako and or a Tikka and not got on with them . You pays your money as they say . ATB

• Like 3